Encouraging LDN Study on PubMed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While I have no idea where you get your information Wkikta, I'll point out:

10's of 1000s of people take LDN, a great many for MS, and user surveys of actual people taking the drug for MS, testimonials of people taking LDN, are widely available.

Anyone interested should visit:

www.LDNers.org and click on the "Surveys" page
    www.LDNaware.org and click on the "Forums" as well as "Resources" page
    www.LDNdatabase.org and click on the MS page for a survey of about 250 people.

There is also a YouTube Channel maintained by The LDN Research Trust with user testimonials, doctor presentations from the most recent LDN Conference, and it can be found here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLDNresearchtrust

To date, there have been six LDN conferences, the most recent one in the US was held at the National Institutes of Health. You can view archived presentations also on YouTube or by visiting:

www.LowDoseNaltrexone.org

That's a start...we are well beyond mouse studies.

Regarding your statement that LDN is just a "feel good" drug, probably doesn't do anything to slow progression, and only 50% see positive effects from LDN, you have no data to support this (opinion).

Maybe this is what your neuro says, but I doubt he knows as much as all the people, and their physicians, who actually take LDN for their MS.

Comment

Originally posted by mirey45 View Post
      I have to sound in on this and this is just my opinion. It's clearly all about the money. Copaxone just had another price jump and there will NEVER be a generic available.
      Not sure where you got the idea that there will "never" be a generic available for Copaxone. Just earlier this week, I was talking to a relatively high-placed person at Teva who stated that there is a very high probability of a generic version out within the next 3-5 years. He had no reason to tell me this to placate me or anything like that. It's just the way it is from a legal standpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by celloyogi View Post
        Not sure where you got the idea that there will "never" be a generic available for Copaxone. Just earlier this week, I was talking to a relatively high-placed person at Teva who stated that there is a very high probability of a generic version out within the next 3-5 years. He had no reason to tell me this to placate me or anything like that. It's just the way it is from a legal standpoint.

They weren't trying to placate you. Your source is correct, Celloyogi.

Teva filed a lawsuit a few years ago to block marketing of a generic version of Copaxone available in India and if I'm not mistaken parts of Europe, from being marketed here in the US. They also petitioned the FDA to require trials, etc to make sure it is the same and that it's safe.

http://www.glgroup.com/News/COPAXONE...6622.html?cb=1

Do a little Googling. You can even find the public records of the lawsuit when it was filed. The patent on Copaxone ends soon. One way or another, there will be a generic version available soon. After all, money can be made from generics, too.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/tev...-drug-copaxone

http://www.globes.co.il/serveen/glob...did=1000350675

Comment

Originally posted by MrsBones View Post
          Do a little Googling. You can even find the public records of the lawsuit when it was filed. The patent on Copaxone ends soon. One way or another, there will be a generic version available soon. After all, money can be made from generics, too.
          One thing I'd forgotten to mention is that my source (who I would name except he'd probably shoot me because his job prohibits him from discussing "job stuff" with lowly peons like me!) said that Teva will, in all likelihood, be the manufacturer of the generic Copaxone. Partly because they are one of the largest manufacturers of generic medications in the world and also because they already have the facilities for Copaxone manufacturing. He thinks it's hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by celloyogi View Post
            One thing I'd forgotten to mention is that my source (who I would name except he'd probably shoot me because his job prohibits him from discussing "job stuff" with lowly peons like me!) said that Teva will, in all likelihood, be the manufacturer of the generic Copaxone. Partly because they are one of the largest manufacturers of generic medications in the world and also because they already have the facilities for Copaxone manufacturing. He thinks it's hilarious.
            They might be a maker of generic Copaxone... Natco has already been making it for years. They have both the facilities and knowledge to whip it up without Teva. They're entered into an agreement with Mylan, Inc. pending that lawsuit and FDA go ahead to make and market it in the US. Unless the FDA forces studies,etc. for biosimilars,when Copaxone goes off patent , they're ready to go.

No wonder they're trying to squeeze every dime they can out of Copaxone. If they plan on making a generic themselves, they not only have potential competition by Natco's generic for Copaxone, but also the generic they plan on making. Nothing says that once it goes generic, there's only going to be one company manufacturing it.

Comment

An interesting LDN testimonial:

Low-Dose Naltrexone: One Caregiver's Perspective

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SWZfr9Ixj0

Comment

Had something that made me shake my head happen today, and I have to share it with all of you.

My DW has been on LDN for the past year and a half for her MS Dementia. Last month we got put on a Medicare RX plan, and I checked with them and was assured that it would cover the LDN. Filled this month from Skip's, got a claim form for the drug, mailed in with all info. Today I got a letter rejecting the claim telling us that it was not covered and to ask Dr. for a covered drug in it's place.

Called seeking an answer as to why, after 3 people and 45 minutes this is what I was told, " when the drug Naltrexone 50mg is ground down to make the lesser strength compound it then becomes Naltrexone Powder which is not covered therefore they will not accept our claim.

I then asked about Copaxone to see if it is covered and explained that was the only other "drug" for MS. They said yes it was good they will cover that. When I informed them about the cost of Copaxone vs LDN, and how could they be OK with that, they did not seem to care.

Bottom line is we wonder why the health care is so messed up?

Comment

Working...
                X