Tongue Numb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tongue Numb?

Does anyone else's tongue go numb on one side?

Yes I have! I asked my neuro to do a round of low dose oral steroids and that worked to calm that symptom down.

Comment

Mine says yeah thats a symptom. :P

Comment

I've had half my tongue numb before. It was a weird feeling, but it didn't bother me too much. It ran it's course like so many other symptoms.
        Opiegirl, Dx 1991
        Have never used DMD's.

LDN 9/2011-9/2012 & just started again 6/14
        Estriol 9/12-present
        Still Hopeful.

Comment

yep

Along with half my face that was my first major flare. Took a long time to get the feeling back. Had to really concentrate to not have it affect my speech. Oh and bite it alot while eating. Good luck!

Comment

jkp, yes, i've had a numb tongue for so long that i really don't notice it anymore. it also goes along with the numb lips, gums and face.
            the numb gums come in handy with dental work. doesn't hurt!
            i've also lost some sense of tastebuds with the tongue, but that's ok too. don't eat as much!
            prayerfully, yours will get better like the others who have posted
            but be careful and not bite it!
            take care & God bless ya!
            "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. Mine is not so bad and is only half like some of you were saying. It's also the lips and roof of my mouth. But it seems to come and go, not a constant. I was just curious as it is a wierd sensation. It could be worse I know and am thankfull that it is mild and only hangs around for a few hours at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by poohb3ar View Post
                jkp, yes, i've had a numb tongue for so long that i really don't notice it anymore.
                i've also lost some sense of tastebuds with the tongue, but that's ok too. don't eat as much!
                I have the numb tongue too. Tastebuds are the same....I still eat though lol. Maybe when I decide to give up to TRYING to taste it I will eat less?? Maybe I should use this one symptom as a "good" thing lol.
                Love, Laugh, Live...in this order
                Dx'd 2-24-11 - Baclofen 60 mg/day 5-11, LDN 4.5 mg/day 9-24-11, Cymbalta 60mg/day for pain 11-11

Comment

YES!!!! It was the strangest thing and only lasted a day and a half! Good luck!
                  Sasha - dx January 2011; tysarbi, zanaflex, gabapentin, and baclofen
                  ~Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.~

Comment

Originally posted by poohb3ar View Post
                    jkp, yes, i've had a numb tongue for so long that i really don't notice it anymore. it also goes along with the numb lips, gums and face.
                    the numb gums come in handy with dental work. doesn't hurt!
                    Same with me, although mine isn't always numb, sometimes it's tingly, or feels like I've burnt it with hot coffee.

My tastebuds on that side of my tongue don't work. I could plop a dab of wasabi on that side of my tongue and never know it, but the rest of the tastebuds in my mouth seem to take up the slack. Hasn't stopped me from eating (unfortunately.)

It's like someone drew a line down the middle of my tongue. Left side has "weirdness"...right side is normal.

Comment

I have the burning tongue problem. I have a hard time with toothpaste, rinses etc. As well as some foods. And my tongue has deep lines on it. Anyone else have this?

Comment

During my last relapse, the left side of my tongue/mouth went completely numb (in addition to other symptoms). It lasted for a few weeks. Ever since then it comes back if I'm overheated or severely stressed. The only major problems that it causes are difficulty drinking w/o a straw and talking w/o slurring. When the tongue goes numb at work, I have to be very careful to speak slowly and only when necessary. Very few people know about the MS, and the numbness makes me sound drunk - not exactly something the boss would approve of...

Comment

Working...
                        X