Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Betalins? First post on this board

Hi Guys,
    I have been posting on the other boards but never on this one.

Doing research on inflammation myself and came accross Betalins.

Anyone taking or using anything with this antinflammatory "magic"?

I already take many supplements so adding another I am open too but want to choose wisely.

Thanks so much!

Originally posted by Wobbler View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I have been posting on the other boards but never on this one.

Doing research on inflammation myself and came accross Betalins.

Anyone taking or using anything with this antinflammatory "magic"?

I already take many supplements so adding another I am open too but want to choose wisely.

Thanks so much!
    Betalins are a component of Nopalea juice, which is a much-hyped anti-inflammatory. There's no "magic" involved.

There are many other, less expensive, anti-inflammatory supplements a person can take. Going on an anti-inflammatory diet is also quite effective; there's a lot of info about that on this forum.

I don't know, offhand, of anyone here who's using Betalins/Nopalea.

Comment

I guess what I meant to ask was if anyone was taking a supplement that had this sort of antiinflammatory in it or something similar to it.

Not just this one in particular. I had heard of the juice a long time ago but never really paid much attention until I started looking into antiinflammatory supplements.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wobbler View Post
        I guess what I meant to ask was if anyone was taking a supplement that had this sort of antiinflammatory in it or something similar to it.
        I'm not sure what you mean by "this sort of anti-inflammatory," but yes, some of us are taking various supplements for that purpose.

Turmeric/curcumin is one that's often recommended to MSers and has good research to back up its efficacy. I take it myself.

Alpha Lipoic Acid is another; I take that one too.

Comment

How much ala?

What dosage of alpha lipoic acid?

Comment

Originally posted by laina View Post
            What dosage of alpha lipoic acid?
            Most people seem to be taking 200-400 mg per day (with 1000 mg ALCAR), but there's no hard-and-fast rule.

Comment

A Combination of ALA and...

I take a combination of ALA 200mgs and Acetyl l Carnatine400 mgs daily an 400 mgs of Tumeric along with some other stuff but these three are specifically for inflammation.. keep looking into anti-inflammation....I get the combination from G; the tumeric from CVS
              [I]Tellnhelen
              Progressive Relapsing MS

Comment

Thank You,

That is what I wanted to know.

Appreciate it!

Comment

Betalins are similar to the anthocyanides in the ability to heal free radical damage to epithelial tissue...the lining of your arteries. This is how these specific (and they truly are) antioxidants reduce inflammation all over. Its amazing.
                  Tumeric is a hemostat and will help, among many things, bleeding; thats what I use it for.
                  NutritionTara
                  Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

Working...
                  X