It appears that your MSWorld session has not been initiated or has expired. To renew your session, please click here, then click 'Logout' on the right hand side and log back in again.

Go Back   MSWorld Forums > MSWorld Message Boards > Archive
Register FAQ Calendar Guidelines Mark Forums Read Login

Archive Not for Posting

Old 03-11-2011, 01:30 PM
Registered Member

Does Blue Cross Blue Shield cover Rebif?

I have been offered a job in which the company will pay for my insurance under Blue Cross Blue Shield. I pay $40.00 a month with my current insurance. When I looked online BCBS states that they pay 25% off specialty medications. Well that amount is equal to my mortgage. Is rebif a specialty med? Does any one have it covered for less under Blue Cross Blue Shield?
Old 03-11-2011, 01:50 PM
Registered Member

You need to call the BlueCross of your state. The insurance plans vary by state, so the general info will not help you.

You can also try going to their website and searching for that med. You need to find out what tier it's in - that will tell you how much they'll pay.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:02 PM
Registered Member

I'm a BCBS user in La. I don't take Rebif, but I'm on a different DMD that is also considered a speciality drug. My copay on a month's supply is $50, but that copay is covered by a copay assistance program through the manufacturer.

Like helio. said, you'll need to contact for your own state to determine if they'll cover your Rebif, though.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:09 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncgrl View Post
I have been offered a job in which the company will pay for my insurance under Blue Cross Blue Shield. I pay $40.00 a month with my current insurance. When I looked online BCBS states that they pay 25% off specialty medications. Well that amount is equal to my mortgage. Is rebif a specialty med? Does any one have it covered for less under Blue Cross Blue Shield?
I just noticed your location. There is no Blue Cross Blue Shield in NC - as far as I know. It's just Blue Cross. I have some experience with NC/Blue Cross administered plans. It's going to be a tier 4, but the specific plan will determine how much you pay.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:41 PM
Registered Member

Yes, we have Blue Cross and Blue Shield here in NC.

If your new plan says you have to pay 25%, then that's what you pay. Rebif is a speciality drug. It just depends on what your plan covers that would determine what your 25% co-pay would be.

You should look into their patient assistance program, as someone mentioned earlier.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:16 AM
Registered Member

I have BCBS for my health insurance too. They cover my Rebif and it is classified as a specialty drug. My Co-Pay is 20% up to a maximum of $50/month. Mine is Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Alabama.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:15 PM
Registered Member

Thank you everyone for your input
Old 03-21-2011, 02:35 PM
Registered Member

they did for me
Old 03-21-2011, 03:06 PM
Registered Member

I think it would depend on the plan. Every company has something different even if they have the same insurer (BC/BS).