Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE ALLERGIC TO PHTHALATES FOUND IN ALL KINDS OF STUFF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE ALLERGIC TO PHTHALATES FOUND IN ALL KINDS OF STUFF?

I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE SUSPECTS THAT THEY MIGHT BE ALLERGIC TO PHTHALATES (CHEMICALS USED TO MAKE PLASTICS MORE PLIABLE) AND IN ALL SORTS OF OTHER THINGS? I WATCHED 60 MINUTES THE OTHER WEEK AND DISCOVERED WHAT I AM SO ALLERGIC TO...I HAD BECOME ALLERGIC TO THE PLASTIC IN MY CPAP MACHINE USED TO FORCE AIR INTO NASAL PASSAGES TO RELIEVE SNORING AND SLEEP APNEA. MY NOSE WOULD SWELL SHUT AND I WOULD COUGH TRYING TO OPEN AN AIRWAY...THEN MY NOSE WOULD START RUNNING AND I HAD A VICIOUS CYCLE GOING ON. 60 MINUTES SAID THAT THE CHEMICAL PHTHALATES IS ALSO FOUND IN HAIRSPRAY, AIR FRESHNERS, COLOGNES, PERFUMES, CLEANING CHEMICALS AND COSMETICS. I REACT THE EXACT SAME WAY TO ALL OF THOSE PRODUCTS. ANYONE ELSE SUSPECT THAT THEY MAY HAVE A PHTHALATE ALLERGY, POSSIBLY ASSOCIATED WITH THEIR MS?

I don't know...

There have been other examples of allergies to chemicals.

I have reactions to many things that we use in our lives.

Propane fumes will make me nauceous and dizzy. I'm sure that the manitol in Copaxone causes the skin irritation and possibly the horrible feeling of getting worse.

Manitol is an artificial sweeter. I think that artificial sweeters are often the culprits in illness.

I can't tolerate many off gases or fumes. Paint drives me crazy.

I actually think there is a condition associated with this.

So, I guess I'm saying who knows?

Diane
    You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Comment

Any fumes can be very bad, and Propane is a Gas, most are bad for most people. I don't think it is an allergy, just a normal living creature reaction. Try to keep your area well ventilated.
      Bill
      Scuba, true meaning of Life! USS Wilkes Barre 91, USS Monitor 96, 97, 99 .. Andrea Doria 96, 98 .. San Francisco Maru 09

Comment

Phthalates are found in food and some medicines, too. They're pretty much everywhere as an environmental contaminant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phthalate

An outright allergy would have to be diagnosed by an M.D. (Allergist). Pthalates are a health concern even when no allergy is present.

I haven't seen anything that links phthalates to MS specifically.

Comment

Working...
        X