Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do any of you get blisters in your mouth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do any of you get blisters in your mouth?

Lately, I've noticed when I eat that tiny blisters, usually just one, erupt in my mouth. Not on my tongue, but on the inside of my cheek or inside lower lip area. They stick around for most of the day, but are usually gone the next day. It doesn't matter what I eat. I'm still in the process of getting a diagnosis, I'm currently being tested for MS by my neuro, but I've got a lot of problems that are related to lupus. So I wasn't sure if the mouth blisters were a more of a lupus symptom or an MS symptom. Just curious.

I don't get them, but my son did have this happen to him. We narrowed it down to 2 things. One was a liquid he was drinking, the other was his toothpaste. Might try a different toothpaste.
    Jen

Comment

Have you been tested for Celiac disease or gluten intolerance? It can cause neurological problems with symptoms similiar to MS, and also can cause mouth blisters like you describe. It's an autoimmune disease and can be associated with lupus and rheumatoid arthritis too. In fact, a lot of people with MS notice a decrease in symptoms when they go on a gluten-free diet. If you haven't been checked for it, it wouldn't hurt to get tested. They can usually just do a blood test for it.
      Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
      Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
      Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

I get these tiny blisters too. I've been on Copaxone since 2001 and I never associated it with MS. But who knows?? Mine seem to be coming more often and I get a burning in my mouth.
        Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

lupus

I have lupus and mouth ulcers are apart of Lupus. I would go see a Rhuematologist and let them see the ulcers and get retested for Lupus again. Good luck
          The Best things in life....aren't things!

Comment

I have not gone a strictly gluten-free diet, but I will pay more attention and see if it caused by acidic foods or drinks. Thanks for the replies.

Comment

A friend of mine gets blisters in her mouth when she eats something she has a sensitivity to. She says this is an oral allergy reaction.

She has asthma and many allergies.

Comment

I have Lupus also... yep, ulcers are part of Lupus, but I don't know about the blisters. They are blister like, as I get them also. If you break one, the clear liquid is thicker than one would think (unlike a blister). I have no idea what causes them, but if you find out, please let me know!
                MS, it's a brain thang!
                Proud to have served, U.S Army WAC

Comment

I am so thankful for this website. It reminds me that I am not alone. I have noticed that I get what feels like blisters in my mouth on and off. The last time it was really uncomfortable, so I wiped my finger in my cheek to try figuring out what was going on. When I took my finger out it was like dead skin that just fell right off from my cheek. I am not trying to be gross, just sharing my expierence. Hmmmm, I wonder what this means.

Comment

I get blisters on the roof of my mouth when I eat Swiss cheese. It is some sort of allergy. Don't assume you have a disease. Your mouth is part of your digestive system and if you have an allergy it can react there.

Also, I get blisters if I blow up balloons, because I have a latex sensitivity.
                    Take care, Wiz
                    RRMS Restarted Copaxone 12/09

Comment

Other's have it too :-)

Kristen and Group,

That's what I love about these boards...just when you think you are the only one with a certain problem you come across a post dealing with it.

I get the blisters/ulcers just inside the lip. I figured it was related to either of the injectable meds I take for MS. It's bothersome, but tolerable. I do have a "early warning" thingy though. I have areas on my tongue that get sensitive and inflamed when I am having an episode. My wife uses it to gauge how I'm feeling and if I'm being truthful about how I feel.

She'll ask "How do you feel" and I'll say "just fine". She then asks/tells me to stick out my tongue and says "just what I thought" and scolds me for not being totally honest

My dentist said it's some kind of virus and it gets becomes active when my MS is acting up. What ever works I guess
                      Frank
                      South Jersey
                      Keep Well...Stuff Happens!

Comment

Working...
                      X