It appears that your MSWorld session has not been initiated or has expired. To renew your session, please click here, then click 'Logout' on the right hand side and log back in again.

Go Back   MSWorld Forums > MSWorld Message Boards > Archive
Register FAQ Calendar Guidelines Mark Forums Read Login

Archive Not for Posting

Old 01-05-2011, 11:24 AM
Registered Member

Leg Feeling Swollen w/out Swelling

So I've had this before, and am having it now, but a little more pronounced...and was just wondering what the heck causes this. I'm assuming it's just a sensory symptom.

My leg especially my thigh, and back of my leg where it joins my body feels swollen...it actually feels like it's restricting my walking because of the swollen feeling....BUT, it's not swollen, it's normal size.

My spasticity in that leg is pretty bad today, but it's not the "normal" tightness feeling. Plus the leg is a little more numb and coldish today, so maybe that's why.

But it's so darn weird. I know I've read threads in the past about the "swollen" feeling, and I'm glad it's not really swollen, although it is distracting.

Anybody have an explanation for the symptom, or is it just one of those sensory things?
Old 01-05-2011, 06:27 PM
Registered Member

don't know why

My thighs sometimes feel huge. It is distracting. Sometimes they feel like they're growing larger with each step, too. I guess with the nervous system being messed up that my brain doesn't read my body very well.