Candida diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Candida diet

Dear Tara, ever since having chemotherapy for my MS I have had chronic bladder infections and chronic yeast infections. During chemotherapy I had thrush in my mouth ears, and down below and have been battling it ever since.

Recently fluconsonale stopped being made by brand name and the new one for some reason simply doesn't work. So I am trying others.

In the meantime, my girlfriend who is studying naturalpathy, has me on a candida cleanse. (it's so bad right now I'm raw and MS is flaring).

What are your thoughts on nutrition for this type of chronic
    problem.

when I did it it was worse in the beginning but it got much better in the next few weeks. Give it a chance.
    You only live NOW.
    SX 1999 /DX 2003
    norml.org

Comment

Same here Help!

I am having the same problem it started a couple of days ago. I have the oral thrush and I hate it. I use biotene and salt water rinses, but if there is a diet that would help I am all for it.

I haven't had this kind of flare up in a very long time and I find it is one of my more depressing conditions. I am not sure why. I can take most anything this disease hands me but Thrush just pushes me over the proverbial edge.

Comment

Well, I have fallen off the diet on weekends with some wine, not a whole lot but a glass on Sat nights. My nat path said my body is purging the yeast very very fast and that is why I am having so many problems. My doctor doesn't believe in the whole Candida thing. But has told me to avoid too much sugar etc. Eat lots of yogurt and take probioticts.

So I am defiantly staying on this diet, and sticking to it strictly after Christmas when there are no mor events on weekends so I can get used to the no wine for at least six weeks.

I do feel so much better when I follow it closely.

Essentially, it is, no sugar, meaning no fruit, except lemon, whit grapefruit, pomello, green apples, all very green vegetables, no wheat - so gluten free, no yeast or fermented products or vinegar, no alcohol. For me, no red meat, I find that inflammatory and wherever I can all organic. Oh, no dairy...

I also take the special powdered greens and high powered probiotics, and super duper vitamins that make me feel great.

Having said this, I am raw from the yeast coming out and
        have had to use nystatin. But, my MS is doing better and energy is up! Part of this is an elimination diet for me too, and so far we have discovered dairy is congesting me, as last weekend I had dairy and was congested and sinusey all Sunday night

I'm looking forward to hearing what advice Tara has for us.

Comment

Miracle answer after/during chemo!!

Originally posted by sw8689 View Post
          Dear Tara, ever since having chemotherapy for my MS I have had chronic bladder infections and chronic yeast infections. During chemotherapy I had thrush in my mouth ears, and down below and have been battling it ever since.

Recently fluconsonale stopped being made by brand name and the new one for some reason simply doesn't work. So I am trying others.

In the meantime, my girlfriend who is studying naturalpathy, has me on a candida cleanse. (it's so bad right now I'm raw and MS is flaring).

What are your thoughts on nutrition for this type of chronic
          problem.
          In the early 90's my practice had a lot of cancer patients undergoing all levels of treatment. For chemotherapy I started using castor packs. During chemo 'dead' cells will accumulate in the lymphatics, cause swelling and suppress the release of lymphacytes (white blood cells). The castor packs move the waste thats accumulating. If that 'crap' isn't moved out it will continue to feed the entire system. Its like having a full/ clogged drainage field and its backing up the entire septic system.
          Chemo creates the fungal situation and you can do all the candida cleanses you can stand; if you haven't emptied the drain field it will keep re-infecting the entire system.Skip the diet and do castor packs everyday for at least 3 weeks. Thats your candida cleanse; plus it will improve your white count.
          And the Docs wonder how cancer spreads through the system...through the lymphatics is one way.Clean em out!
          NutritionTara
          Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

thanks Tara...
            I too am experiencing similar 'yeast' problems.

The castor packs...

Cold Pressed Castor oil on felt or flannel squares right?
            Away from clothes you don't want stained right?

Is there any place to get 'packs' already prepared to go?

Can you re-used a pack?

Sorry about the slew of ???'s
            ~life has ups and downs...I try to go in circles~
            dx'd rrms in '97

Comment

Thats what we r here for: " a slew of questions"
              Cotton cloth, castor oil ( every castor oil seems to be ok), hot water bottle.
              Directions:
              1-2 tablespoon castor oil on a cotton cloth.
              Place cotton cloth on upper abdomen. (around the small intestines are the Peyers Patch (Google it) this is where 2/3s of your immune system originates...thus the best place for a castor pack)
              Hot water bottle over castor pack-- 30-60 minutes 3-5x/week.
              Personally, I do a castor pack at least 1x/month
              ~80% of my clients are on castor packs -- 3-5x/week.
              NutritionTara
              Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

Working...
              X