INFLAMMATION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INFLAMMATION

DOES ANYONE ELSE GET FREQUENT INFLAMMATION OF THE CHEST WITH THEIR MS? SOME DOCTORS CALL THIS COSTOCHONDRITIS AND OTHERS JUST SAY IT'S INFLAMMATION. ANYWAY, I SEEM TO BE GETTING THIS AND SCIATICA MORE AND MORE OFTEN WITH INCREASING PAIN.

WHAT MEDS DO YOU TAKE FOR THIS?
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

WOW yes~!! And its horrible..lasts for days to weeks.
    I will suddenly get pain on one side of ribs or other..and or..get a major spasm that grips my whole rib gage and literally takes my breath away!!!

So.. I use a lumbar wrap from the drug store to wrap around my rib cage and that helps with the spasms. I also have take RX Methocarbamol 750mg as a muscle relaxer that is not as drowsey so I could function and remain alert.

Now I am on Baclofen for spasticity in legs and back I noticed I dont get that major spasming around my rib cage.

Hope you get help and soon..is horrible!!

Best to you. Let us know how you're doing ok?

Jan
    I believe in miracles~!
    2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
    Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

THANKS SO MUCH MJAN. IT REALLY IS HORRIBLE! I ALWAYS WONDER IF IT'S TIME TO VISIT THE E/R WHEN THIS HAPPENS. AND NOW IT'S COMING MORE AND MORE OFTEN. IS THIS STUFF CHRONIC?? RIGHT NOW I'M GETTING STABBING PAIN IN THE UPPER RIGHT PART OF MY CHEST AND AROUND MY RIBS. HAD THE N/P CHECK MY LUNGS TODAY. EVERYTHING SEEMS TO BE OK.

I ALWAYS SAID THAT I DIDN'T MIND THE MS AS MUCH AS SOME OTHER THINGS, BUT NOW IT'S POKING ME MORE AND IN ALL MY PARTS!

BY THE WAY, I ALWAYS, ALWAYS READ YOUR REPLIES. YOU HAVE A GOOD HEAD ON YOU. THANKS
      Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

I don’t know anything about costochondritis (aka: inflammation of the ribs), but I’m a big believe in MSers going on an Anti-inflammatory diet.

Being that an Anti-inflammatory diet could help your pain and MS, it is something I will highly recommend you switch to.
        Plus it is really not hard to do; in fact I have found it to be a tasty diet change.
        Adding more spices like garlic, onion powder, turmeric, and others that milder IFs but are loaded with antioxidants really boost flavor and reduce inflammation.
        NutritionData.com can help you learn what food to increase and decrease your intake of.

It is not a cure but it should help, hopefully a lot.
        Give life meaning, live life by the 9 Noble Virtues.

Comment

Working...
        X