Burning sensation on left leg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burning sensation on left leg

I have had this going on for about 6 weeks now. It's not a 24/7 sort of thing but the more I do in the day the more it occurs. Today was so bad I thought I would cry but then the legs decided no more walking and I was in the middle of a parking lot. Thankfully dh with me was pushing the grocery cart and brought it to me to hang on to until I could get in the car.

My question for you all is this: Does Neurontin help the burning sensation and the pin pricking pain?
    "...the joy of the Lord is your (my) strength." Nehemiah 8:10

Burning sensation

hi cocogirl, i know that burning sensation all too well! I take 3600mgs of Nuerontin daily but unfortunately I still have it. I know for me it feels as though someone has a cloth soaked in acid and it running it up my leg! If anything touches it it burns so bad! My DH didn't understand why I just didn't take a pain pill, I couldn't get him to understand how pain meds didn't work on nerve pain. (at least not for me) Unfortunately he now has nueropathy from falling off a roof 2yrs ago & he now understands! Even though I would've never wished that on him, it is such a relief tohave him "get it"!!

Hang in there!
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"

Dx 2004, Copx, Rebif, Ty Beta- I'm done!!

Comment

i also have the burning sensation not only in an extremity. I use Neurontin and though there are times i still feel the burning and pin sticking sensation it defintiely makes it bearable.
      Good luck
      laurie

Comment

My wife recently switched from neurontin (Gabapentin is the generic) to Lyrica for the nerve pain, her pain is more generalized (arms & legs) and the Lyrica seems to be helping....

You may want to research May-Thurner syndrome, if it is only your left leg that is involved
        (May-Thurner is very rare in the general population, but much more prevelent in the MS group)

Comment

Working...
        X