Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Here With My Tingling Tongue!

Hey,

So I havent been formally diagnosed, though I am pretty sure I will be.
    I have a doc app on the 19th of Oct and am eager to hear if anyone else has had the symptoms I do?

Even though I have lots of symptoms the main two that Im curious about are my tingling tounge and a white spotty/blotchy rash I have all over my body.
    Has anyone else had these two symptoms and been diagnosed because of them?

Thanks

xLx

Hi Lisa,
    Welcome to MSWord.

I've had the tongue tingles, as well as various other tingling in other body parts.

I'm not sure that a (body) rash is an MS symptom. Have you been tested for Lyme Disease or Lupus? Two diseases that can mimic MS and cause various rashes.

Cheers,
    Karen
    skeezix
    dx. rrms Nov/09. Not using DMD's.
    Life is too short to wear boring socks.

Comment

Hi Lisa,

Is your white rash...raised, scaly plaques? That could be some form of psoriasis...I have psoriasis and it is spotty with scaliness. Or is it, a loss of pigment like in vitiligo?

In either case both are autoimmune diseases.

Many people have more than one autoimmune disease at a time.

Good luck at your appointment. Hopefully you will get some answers.

Take care!
      Dx 06/07
      Copaxone

Comment

I'm a long time member of the tongue tingling club. Mine only tingles on one side though (it's like a line was drawn down the middle, and only the left side tingles), but it's been that way for almost 15 years. At first it drove me crazy, so annoying, but now it's like background noise, it's there, but unless I focus on it, I don't notice it. Neuro says cranial nerve damage is what causes it.

Comment

I had tongue tingling before but never a rash.

Hope you feel better soon.
          God Bless Us All

Comment

Originally posted by skeezix View Post
            Hi Lisa,
            Welcome to MSWord.

I've had the tongue tingles, as well as various other tingling in other body parts.

I'm not sure that a (body) rash is an MS symptom. Have you been tested for Lyme Disease or Lupus? Two diseases that can mimic MS and cause various rashes.

Cheers,
            Karen
            Hi Karen and thanks for your reply. I have read that the rash isnt a symptom of ms, though similar to a vitamin B12 Def. I havent been tested for either Lyme Disease or Lupus yet, Im waiting for my Thyroid results which will be back tomorrow. I guess I should ask to be tested for them two aswell.

Thanks

xLx

Comment

Originally posted by Sunshyne View Post
              Hi Lisa,

Is your white rash...raised, scaly plaques? That could be some form of psoriasis...I have psoriasis and it is spotty with scaliness. Or is it, a loss of pigment like in vitiligo?

In either case both are autoimmune diseases.

Many people have more than one autoimmune disease at a time.

Good luck at your appointment. Hopefully you will get some answers.

Take care!
              Hi Sunshyne and thank you for your reply. My rash isnt raised or scaly. It does look like vitiligo with regards to the pigment loss, though only in small blotches. Nothing like what vitiligo can look like. Plus my mum has Vitiligo so I have seen the way it looks.

Thank You for your well wishes. I get my Thyroid results tomorrow, maybe that will come back positive.

xLx

Comment

Originally posted by rdmc View Post
                I'm a long time member of the tongue tingling club. Mine only tingles on one side though (it's like a line was drawn down the middle, and only the left side tingles), but it's been that way for almost 15 years. At first it drove me crazy, so annoying, but now it's like background noise, it's there, but unless I focus on it, I don't notice it. Neuro says cranial nerve damage is what causes it.
                Hi rdmc, Thank you for your reply.

My tounge tingles all over, not just one side. I cant imagine having it for 15 years, that would drive me crazy! Lol

xLx

Comment

Originally posted by REG53 View Post
                  I had tongue tingling before but never a rash.

Hope you feel better soon.
                  Hi REG53,

Thanks for the reply and the well wishes. Hopefully I will find out tomorrow what its all from.

xLx

Comment

Originally posted by rdmc View Post
                    Wow...what you have described is EXACTLY the symptom I am having down my tongue. It is annoying but very scary with the other new symptoms I am experiencing. Your post has just hit home. I have not been diagnosed. I decided to do some research before going to the doctor for tests. I do have extreme tingling and numbness throughout my body and it seems to be getting progressively worse by the week. I'm beginning to think I need to take this more seriously...but it's scary.
                    SMILES
                    MS DX Dec. 8, 2010, Fibromyalgia DX 1999, Lupus and RA DX 2003

Comment

Tingling tongue, hands, feet, & jabs of electric shocks...

Hi...
                      I'm new, and while I haven't been "officially diagnosed" with MS... I'm a Nurse and I know enough about it having done home care nursing for years teaching patients how to use copaxone when it first came out... I'm scared of the unknown...I don't want to be blind or disabled or go to bed healthy and wake up in a bad way. I work for at one of the best hospitals in Boston and even with all of my symptoms (tingling tongue, hands, feet, sharp jabbing random pains all over the place for no reason whatsoever)... The Drs keep saying "you don't have MS"... They say "it's a pinched nerve" or it's idiopathic peripheral neuropathy. They say because i haven't had visual problems or motor issues they dont think its MS...I know I need an MRI and I need to see a Neurologist... I had both appts scheduled then realized my only life insurance was through my job and if I did have MS that chances are I may lose my job at some point and also lose my coverage. So, I canceled my appts, asked my Pcp for some neurontin and a muscle relaxer for the random cramps in my legs hoping it would hold me over for a couple months til my supplemental life insurance kicks in. I know getting life insurance with a diagnosis of Ms wouldn't be easy and I have two children...

My symptoms started about a year ago. Random, I would get this feeling on my upper lip (it felt wet, like I was sweating) and yet I wasn't. No other symptoms, just that... Would last a few days then disappear. Then I developed numbness on my left thumb and second finger... Also lasted say a week then disappeared... Now in September, both of my hands felt like they were asleep (all day, every day, 24/7) this time the right hand more than the left and I had tingling on and off in my toes... I also have tinnitus. All the research I've done points to MS and I'm really really scared.

I was married for 17 years and very unhappy. I found the strength to leave, got divorced and met my true partner in life. He truly is my soulmate. We were (and still plan to) build a house to accommodate all four kids (2 his 2 mine) and live happily ever after. And now I see this in my/our future. He's younger than me and doesn't deserve the life he's signing up for if this is MS... He says he loves me and is in it for the long haul, but man, we had such plans for our future and none of it included this!!! I'm incredibly angry and very scared. I've always been a planner... And now ironically, I feel like I have to sit back and wait to see how this will play out!

I talk myself into having MS on some days so I can accept my fate and just move on, and then other days I talk myself out of it and say "it's just neuropathy and you can have that for any reason".... Deep down I know it's MS... I can't have any testing until November when my life insurance goes through..... Needless to say, here I sit on line every day looking for answers.... Part of me just wants to know and the other part of me doesn't... And like I said part of me already knows

*****post broken into paragraphs for easier reading*****

Comment

Working...
                      X