Rest Area 51 Paging ALL MS Newbies Sept 5 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife the therapist.

I shared my post above with my wife when she got home from teaching school. She just put her arms around me and let me cry it out. (My name is J. Part - time wimp,) We sat and talked. She was suspecting that we were going to have to alter our retirement plans but she was waiting for me to stop denying my condition and come to reality.

She reminded me how much I hated working in the garden in Vermont. She said I would plant it and then the rest of the work was hers. I remembered. We talked about some more realistic plans and by evening I was better.

I thank God every day for blessing me with such a loving and understanding wife. Me being a Psych RN must have taught her some of my skills. Didn't know I would need them for me later in life. She says she has been using them for our entire marriage. She says we wouldn't have gotten this far if she didn't apply psych skills to me. Ha!!!
    J. Tampa Florida

Comment

Originally posted by BigA View Post
      Hey everyone. If you're new, I reccomend Dr. Jelenik's program of diet and exercise. Here's an interview.

http://www.overcomingmultiplescleros...Healing+Coach/
      The link doesn't seem to be working. I just want to address mainly those people who have recently been diagnosed:

There is a lot of research on Diet and MS. These programs of diet and suppliments (not too difficult a diet and not too many suppliments) may at least be as powerful as the DMDs and chances are much more. You owe it to yourself to at least try. The problem is that it seems too complicated. But if you read Dr. Jelenik's book, you'll see it's simple and the fact that he's 11 years without a relapse may interest you. Please give it a try. And a normal "healthy" diet is not going to do the trick. It's a special diet.

Comment

The link is working now. Here, he's talking about diet. He's not selling anything.

http://theselfhealingcoach.com/files/jelinek74732.mp3

You've got nothing to lose and owe it to yourself to listen.

Comment

Originally posted by msedup View Post
          Hi Doc! Hi everybody! I haven't been around much, but stopped by to say hello. I'm feeling pretty well considering the new virus/nasty rash that I now own. Its called pityriasis rosea. FUN! Otherwise, I'm doing well and enjoying the pre-autumn almost jacket weather here in beautiful Utah. Hang in there everybody!
          I had pityriasis rosea about five years ago, it was awful, my skin felt like it was on fire, went to er they gave me bendry intervenous that helped so much. Now I have ms, I have lot of pain in my legs Iam taking Avonex what should I ask my to prescribe for leg pain and leg gramps?

Comment

Labor Day was Labor of sorts

My holiday weekend was overload and I paid for it. My SO and I refurbished the upstairs bathroom. This was a nearly total refurb. We primed and painted the ceiling and walls. Pulled up the old tile floor and laid down new linoleum. Next came new baseboard and molding (stained and varnished myself). Last of all, a new sink and toilet.

Needless to say, I had a two day migraine and a week of exhaustion.

Comment

Working...
            X