It appears that your MSWorld session has not been initiated or has expired. To renew your session, please click here, then click 'Logout' on the right hand side and log back in again.

Go Back   MSWorld Forums > MSWorld Message Boards > Archive
Register FAQ Calendar Guidelines Mark Forums Read Login

Archive Not for Posting

Old 07-19-2010, 11:55 AM
Registered Member

Anybody on every 6 or 8 weeks infusion schedule?

Hello,

just wondering if anybody is using Tysabri every 6 or 8 weeks.

I've started on every 4 weeks for the first 6 months and then got switched to every 6 weeks and now i will be going to every 8 weeks.

I am stable on the drug and my Dr. is minimizing the drug exposure this way....

Thanks!
Old 07-19-2010, 03:29 PM
Registered Member

Every 8 weeks...

Yup, that's me. No big differences, so I'm fine with it.

Todd

"I wish my life was half as interesting as my dog thinks it is."
Old 07-22-2010, 06:10 PM
Registered Member

every 8 weeks

I am doingit every eight weeks too started that last July no difference, doing better since pre-tysabri much stronger I have been on it for three years.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:26 PM
Registered Member

For those who get 6 or 8 week infusions---how often do you get MRI? Do you get them more do you think because of this interval? I would like to talk to my doc about going to 6 or 8 week infusions preferably 8 so my period stays at the week before the infusion---I have had 2 MRI's in the 2 years of Tysabri without new activity, mostly anxiety on my part--neither a routine scheduled one both ordered because I was concerned about something. I'm kind of thinking they aren't really needed I have my pre-tysasbri baseline MRI's and new MRI's would only be needed for when a new significant symptom happens & not a psuedo symptom to monitor Ty effectiveness? On the 6 or 8 week interval have you gotten regular MRI's to monitor Tysabri? Am I backing myself into that?

Thanks, just curious. My last MRI was an unneeded from my anxiety at what I thought was a new symptom or heaven forbid PML?---turned out to be neither just a psuedosymptom. I'm kind of embarrassed about it. The MRI before that was taken for the same reason for a different (psuedo)symptom. I've got to get away from thinking an MRI tells everything. Its embarrassing.