medication advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

medication advice

Well neuro confirmed that I now have Trigeminal Neuralgia and he is putting me on Tegretol. Any advice or side effects I should look for? I've never had it before, kinda nervous. I hope it helps because I am in bad pain tonight. Thanks for helping me.
    The Best things in life....aren't things!

I use 1500-1800 mgs of Tegretol per day and have for nearly five years. The only side effect that I have personally experienced, was fatigue in the very beginning. It resolved itself in a few weeks and eventually I was able to increase my dosage to the current level.

Grace

Comment

tegretol

I've been on tegretol for almost 5 yrs with no problems for a dystonia type of problem - I think I noticed almost immediate results.

Comment

Tegretol

I have been on Tegretol for almost 2 years for Trigeminal Neuralgia and other than the occassional sleeplessness, I have had no side effects that I am aware of. I still take a fairly low dose 200mg 2x a day and it seems to be helping. I do know that with all of the meds combined, you have to have a full blood work up with the liver panel done every 3 months though. Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for responding. I have been on the med for a week or so...nothing unusual except some distortion and when the med wears off my headache gets very bad! Im playing around with when to take meds to avoid this. Anyhow...thanks and have a good day.
          The Best things in life....aren't things!

Comment

Working...
          X