Best Bet Diet Supplements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Bet Diet Supplements

I've also posted this in medicine and supplements forum/part but thought I could put it in here for Tara to see.

Okay, I'm trying the Best Bet Diet. I have not as yet had an Elissa test nor supplement amount in my blood tested. Embry has a list of supplements w/amounts that you should take.

I have made a spreadsheet to compare required vs. available. Here's my problem. If I want to equal or exceed just a litte the required amounts, I will have to be taking 29 supplement pills a day.

I need help. I'm pretty sure taking 29 supplement pills a day is ridiculous and something is wrong. Please help - I want to succeed on making my diet help my MS. Thanks

It's entirely possible to do the Best Bet Diet (or MS Recovery Diet) for the food alone, and not follow the supplement recommendations. Much of that supplementation is controversial anyway, although some people swear by it.

Tara's suggestions for what supplements to take seem very reasonable to me, and the list is way shorter!

Comment

Thanks! I'll search for Tara's list and go by that one.

Comment

I've followed Best Bet "mostly" since 2004. I did start out with almost all of the supplements and yes that meant I swallowed 26 pills every day. There was no other way to get the right amounts. It was challenging to find everything, it took time.

Anyway, I did not agree with some of the supplements on the list. Over the years through various sources, trial and error (adding and subtracting and seeing how I felt), and Tara I have the list down to 13 supplements (15 pills- I take 3x D3 tablets).

Of the supplements I take, I feel the following are most important:

D3
        Resveratrol
        B-Complex
        Acetyl-L Carnitine complex
        Probiotics
        Various Omega 3 oils
        Don't be afraid of the waves- Focus on the MASTER walking on the water - you won't even SEE the waves

Comment

Sequoia - Do you have Tara's list somewhere? I couldn't find it.

TwentyMiles - Is that all? Is your list geared for all - and then add for sex differences such as calcium?

Comment

Originally posted by hagelicious View Post

TwentyMiles - Is that all? Is your list geared for all - and then add for sex differences such as calcium?
            Here is my total list

Multi-Mineral
            Vitamin D-3
            Glucosamine Combo
            Flax Seed Oil
            Lecithin
            Saw Palmetto
            B Complex
            Fish Oil
            Inosine
            Resveratrol
            Acetyl L-Carnatine
            Evening Primrose
            Probiotic
            Don't be afraid of the waves- Focus on the MASTER walking on the water - you won't even SEE the waves

Comment

Originally posted by hagelicious View Post
              If you click on the Search this Forum box at the upper right hand corner of the page, then specify posts rather than threads, you'll find several pages of posts. On page 3 there's a list from Tara (it originally appeared on a thread about the Swine Flu Virus), but she talks about supplements elsewhere too; for example, she's okay with taking Vitamin D3.

For what it's worth, I personally take the following:

Vitamin D3 - 10,000 I.U. a day
              R-Lipoic Acid - 100 mg. twice a day
              Flaxseed Oil - 1 T. twice a day
              Max Stress B - 1/2 t. twice a day

Comment

Working...
              X