Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

okay - I hit enter by accident

Hi,

I'm having trouble typing today! lol Hit enter too soon and got an odd post! so - the heavy legs thing. I often get that 'my legs don't belong to me' anymore feeling. More and more often these days. It's so WEIRD!

I'm going to the neuro in a month. I have a list for him now! Trouble walking, dizziness, extreme fatigue and can't get words right. My son thinks this is a hoot at times. I'm just frustrated.

I'm floating thru the day and apologize for any incoherency. did I spell that right? hmmmm

Comment

Hi again I posted earlier about my legs too being heavy unable to walk.
      Mine sx got so bad this weekend and I was on my own the whole weekend. It was very scary used my walker but still couldn't coordinate my legs right. When I could stand My right leg felt as if it wasn't there I could only feel pain in my hip really bad pain. I called dr. first thing yesterday morning I was in tears. they are trying to get things moving for a neuro app soon as they can get me in. fingers crossed.
      I just coudln't stand it any longer. When I sit I get pins and needles feeling from my hip down. I never really had any numbness before I would just shake. I think that is why they are having a hard time trying to dx me. But with these new sx and blurry left eye that comes and go I seem to get some attention from my dr. said i should have called Friday when i was at my worse. But I just was confused and didn't know what to do. And to add more to that I had the worst pain behind my left eye and it hurts behind it I can't seem to take anything for the pain I put a cool pack on it it made it worse. My face looks droopy and It hard to raise my eyebrows with out pain. Is this a ms's thing. Its bizar to look at not moving my brows much. But there is no numbness on face. Sorry if this is too long.
      The ER would have just sent me home as there full and there is no room for new cases. Only if your on your death bed they will take you the hospitals are so overwhelmed right now.
      I know how u feel and what u are going through and hope things get better for you soon. It's good to know that your not the only one going through this.
      Not dx yet, had symptoms now for 4 years. First Neuro App was August 5,10.MRI DEC 8,2010 Finally done. Original MRI was for July 4,2011

Comment

Colle,

I am writing again because of an experience I have had recently. Not sure if it would relate at all to you...but you never know.

The last SEVERAL weeks, my legs have just not worked nearly as well as they had been. They have been awkward and more weak than usual. I have just thought it was progression in the disease. I had been using an eliptical machine on a limited bases, but now had not been able to use it at all.

So, the thing that has happened...to make a long story short....I was taken to the ER this week with a 105 fever. Found out that I had a UTI for quite some time but I had not been aware of it. I had felt no burning because, evidentally, I have become numb in the affected regions due to ms.

So my point is...that, though I'm not completely healed from the infection....MOST LIKELY it has been causing some of my extra weakness in my legs. One friend shared with me that their neuro said....when you feel your legs being affected....one of the first things he looks for is a UTI.

Just wanted to share...you never know! Hope you feel better soon!
        aka: Friend2U

Comment

meds that help

does anybody know meds that can actually rolong the time u spend on your lets before dealing with this heaviness feeling....its so weird lasr night i was ina restaurant and when i went to get up it took everything i could to get myself out of there, usually it come when ive been standing a long time...but this came out of know where....
          gail

Comment

I have the heavy leg feeling. That is pretty common for me now days. How folks walk a mile or even a 1/2 mile is beyond me, but good for them.

I first noticed something wrong with my legs about 17 years ago when we were visiting a friend. He had an old VW van which he was restoring and wanted to show us the interior. Every stepped into it (about a foot or so off the ground) but I couldn't do it. I tried to knee on the edge and ended up getting 'hauled' up into it.

I was embarrassed.

I also notice when i'd exercise in my swimming pool or even just walk around in it, I could barely walk up the steps due to heavy legs.

Don't know what to say; guess it's just our curse!

Diane
            You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Comment

Hoppe you are all doing a little better this week. I sometimes have weak legs, but I am able tojust rest for awhile. I use my cane alot more than I used to, but that helps more with balance and not heavy leg.

Good luck everyone.

JudySz

Comment

Thanks again to all for your replies. I am still the same. Actually, this is getting worse than when it initially started just over 2 months ago now. I find that I can walk shorter and shorter distances as time passes. I ventured out to Lowe's the other day for a quick trip and had to sit down 3 times before finally getting out of there. I considered hijacking a forklift My legs are heavy all day long, with no relief. They just get worse the longer I am up and moving though. I find myself getting to a point where I just have to sit and wait it out otherwise I will be crawling through my house. My kids are so wonderful though! Yesterday I crashed on the couch and woke up to find them cleaning my whole house for me...isn't that sweet? The 11 and 8 year old were running the show and trying to get my 5 year old to pitch in. I am so lucky to have such sweet kids.

Regarding the UTI from another poster, my neurologist thought the same. That was the first thing she checked me for and I did have a UTI, so I was treated with antibiotics but it offered no relief. I am actually on Keflex now, which also treats UTI's I believe, but not because I tested positive for another one...this time I was prescribed it after having to get 4 stitches in my arm over the weekend as a result of stabbing myself with a pair of scissors. That's right...I was holding the scissors in one hand, reached up to the cupboard with the other...probably stumbled as usual...and ended up with a big gash in my arm. The ER folks couldn't imagine how I managed to do that. Should have told them...could you imagine it happening if you were holding a pair of scissors while totally intoxicated and stumbling all over the place? Of course I wasn't intoxicated but look and stumble like I am all the time. They probably would have understood better then, huh? LOL

Comment

poconomtgirl62

I have the same problem, in 2002 my left leg started to drag and it freaked me out. My condiction was getting worst had to quit my job working in a general surgical office. In 2008 filed for disability, it took 1.5 years to get approved.I have been fighting this MS ever since. I know it's hard keep positive and fight.

Comment

Colle,

Just wondering how you are doing now with your heavy legs???
                    aka: Friend2U

Comment

heavy legs

My legs get very heavy....like wearing 200 lb weights on my ankles.
                      However, I only get it after resting, like watching a movie. When I get up, my legs are like that for while and then it clears up.

Comment

Leg Failure

I had many episodes of leg failure throughout my life and for a variety of reasons. But after my big ON attack fo 2001 I began to experience the worst kind of leg failure. For years most of my problems had been left side related. My ON attacked my left eye mostly also. But the leg and arm failure thing was something much more complete and disabling and unexplainable to others. Yes my legs were like these dead weights I could not lift. I was athletic and a dancer most of my life and yet I found I could not lift my leg up over a small root on the path. I started the "ropes tied to my legs" idea because I could not even use my leg and feet to do the clutch on my car: that is how unmovable my legs were. Thank goodness as the ON slowly healed over last 10 years, my legs got bettter too. Yet, there are days when it comes back and I get the same old series of pains; deadness, etc. but then it goes away. I hope it stays away. It is impossible to explain these symptom in full: they have all sorts of other things going on too.....i think you know what i mean. Also the speaking thing.....my speech just got really loud, wavering, jilted, drunken and weird. And I knew it but there was little I could do. That got better now too. These symptoms come and go over the years............and I don't even have MS diagnosis. So I certainly empathize that MS people suffer greatly. I guess I am just meant to be a helper support Bee for MS Queen bees. Cause I understand.

Comment

Just a thought.

Have you been tested for Neuropathy..?

Comment

Working...
                          X