Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cervical Epidural??

Hi guys,

Has anyone had a cervical epidural? Usually done at a pain management drs office, it is a single needle going into your cervical spine, for me it's between C5-6.

The PA and nurse seemed to be quite adamant about me staying still through procedure. It's quick but I cannot move.

So wondering if anyone has had this procedure and your body reacted favorably?

I currently am able to walk and move well, (past MS paralysis has healed mostly,) but I have hypersensitive nerves and can't always control the movements of my body.

I don't want a tranquilizer like the PA and nurse offered, it's not a mental anxiety, it's MS related nerve function that I'm not superwoman to control...

The PM, pain management, doctor is least empathetic...but at least his treatments do work and my Neurologist is overseeing my treatment from the PM dr. - bless my neuro's heart, and his staff.

To spare all the detailed drama, I have two herniated discs and have tried everything naturally, physically, (spiritually, medically to help the issue bla bla, and this is where I'm at now in the tx. Even chiro, acupuncture and massage didn't help . Most is gone tho by now yay!

I have finally found relief through oral steroids, steroid injections, meds, etc but I need this to complete the treatment and rid the pain. And thanks but no thanks on meds if I don't need them.

The nerves are inflamed and this is a single steroid shot going directly to the nerve area, whereas before it was 15-17 shots to my shoulder area. The oral steroid and steroid shots did help a lot! This is same medicine, just injected in a different area.

I would like to move forward with the three epidurals, one every two weeks for three shots total. And am just weary about a needle going into my well functioning spine.

Sorry so long, any info would be appreciated! Thank you and many blessings to you!!
    There is always a rainbow!
Working...
X