Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VA and SSA

All,

Background, I am an service connected 80% disabled veteran (according to the VA). I continue to work full time overseas working for the U.S. army. I have recently been told that I am now Secondary Progressive MS.

Question 1. If I progress to 100% through the VA and put in for a Medical Retirement through the Federal System, am I able to collect SSA, Retirement and the VA pension all at the same time.

Question 2. Can I do any work at all, how much can I earn if I receive any SSA?

Thanks for any answers

Greg
    Gregory S. Wilcox
    Regular Guy with MS

I have no clue, but...

You may get more responses by also posting your VA and SSA/SSDI questions on the VA message board in a seperate thread.

If I remember correctly, if eligible/approved for both VA and SSDI benefits, the SSDI benefit offset does not apply to VA benefits.

Wishing you the best of luck with your SPMS dx and getting approved for benefits.

Rich should be along soon to help you.

Comment

I have been collecting SSDI since 1989 and am now also collecting VA comp for 80% S/C. there were no adjustments to either of these payments. I'm not sure about federal retirement, but in addition to the above payments I also collect LTD payments. The LTD was adjusted according to what I was getting from SSDI when it was awarded back in 1989. But in the years since 1989 the LTD amount has not been adjusted due to the COL adjustments to my SSDI.
      Dennis

The soul of a song will lift your spirits.

Comment

Working...
      X