Namenda for memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Namenda for memory

I might be asking this in the wrong forum, but has anyone used this? My Dr just wrote me perscription to help with my memory. I didn't know if anyone else had taken it and if it helped.

Unfortunately the word on Namenda for MS isn't good. The reports say it either doesn't help or has actually made people with MS feel worse. You can google Namenda for MS and search a few threads here at MSWorld.

It sounds like your doctor is trying to help a situation in MS that doesn't respond well to medication. You can probably give it a try as long as you keep your expectations low.

A few people with MS memory problems have had some success with Aricept but the results have been mixed. Even the researchers who at first thought Aricept would be helpful for MS found out later that it really isn't very helpful at all.

It sounds like if you'd like to try a medicine for memory Aricept has a better chance of being helpful but only by a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by MSer102 View Post
      Unfortunately the word on Namenda for MS isn't good. The reports say it either doesn't help or has actually made people with MS feel worse. You can google Namenda for MS and search a few threads here at MSWorld.

It sounds like your doctor is trying to help a situation in MS that doesn't respond well to medication. You can probably give it a try as long as you keep your expectations low.

A few people with MS memory problems have had some success with Aricept but the results have been mixed. Even the researchers who at first thought Aricept would be helpful for MS found out later that it really isn't very helpful at all.

It sounds like if you'd like to try a medicine for memory Aricept has a better chance of being helpful but only by a little bit.
      Thank you I tried google but couldn't find a lot. I did see no negative with one of my other medications. My dr told me to try this first if after 8 weeks I didn't like it we could try a different medications. Im hoping it helps all I want is to be able to get close enough to normal to go back to school.

Comment

I began taking Namenda in February, it is now April.
        I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW MUCH BETTER LIFE IS!!!!!
        Not kidding.
        I no longer "drop my words". I no longer stand in the kitchen trying to figure out why I'm there. I no longer bounce from making 1/2 of the bed, turning around seeing laundry, folding 1/3 of it, leaving the room, starting breakfast, walking away from that, taking the dog out, picking up sticks in the yard, going back inside, fretting over the burning that I left turned on, walking into the bedroom, finishing making the bed, realizing that breakfast still hasn't been served.... etc, etc. I swear, I bounced around leaving jobs partially done for months. On Namenda, I can FOCUS again!
        Before Namenda I would say something like, "I'm going to Walmart." Except that the words out of my mouth would be "I'm going to watermelon." Or, "The dog is in the driveway." came out "The door is in the dishes." ??WHAT??
        Yeah, I don't do that anymore.
        My short-term memory is NO problem anymore. It was ridiculous, but probably no different from every other MS patient. ~sigh~
        I also don't NEED a nap because I'm so exhausted from bouncing around either physically or in my mind.
        Oh, and on the silly-up side.... I can kick butt in Wii again. LOL

Comment

Working...
        X