At this point, just wondering and concerned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At this point, just wondering and concerned

Hello - I have not been diagnosed, but have had some testing to try to figure out why I am having symptoms. Looking at the symptoms of MS, I have several, but most are not severe. Here is what I am experiencing:

had a hysterectomy in July of 2011 - since then I have had continued fatigue. At first I thought it was surgery related, but it has continued for 1.5 years. I work 7 hours, and by the end of that I just want to sit, and I always fall asleep if I do sit, even if I've had a good nights sleep.

July 12 I start feeling this strange tingling/vibration in my heel, but it starts to move around. Now it mostly stays in the back of my thighs and arms/hands, although I have felt it in my abdomen once.

3 months ago my ears start ringing - it isn't all day, but it just comes and goes. My blood pressure is fine, if not a little low.

My hands to feel like I have to shake them awake some times - just had a nerve test and it was all fine.

Lower back MRI shows a narrowing in the spinal column. I've been doing some physical therapy stretches at home. Helps a little. But I can't stand in one place for more than a few minutes without being in pain.

Neck MRI shows a slight bulge between the C5/C6 area. Nothing that makes the Dr feel like it shoould be causeing all this.

I have noticed, over the past few years, that I do not have the strength that I used to. Just thought it was age, I'm 49, but I have recently noticed that I feel much more clumsy. I fell last week, because I turned quick saw our dog was right there in front of me. Didn't even touch the dog, it just seemed like I wasn't able to make the adjustment that I needed to in my step.

I often have a feeling of "wooziness". I have had several episodes of vertigo, which my chiropractor has helped with.

I am now getting these weird "chills without being cold". This usually happens in my legs, I can feel this sensation run down them, that last only a few seconds. I do have some cramping at night, mostly in my feet, but sometimes my leg muscles will contract without being painful. I have to move the position of my feet to stop.

I feel like I have to focus really hard to speak clearly. Sometimes my words just get garbly. I was talking to a friend on the phone that I don't speak to very often, and she said I sounded different.

At night, when I lay down, I feel like it takes a long time for my mucles to relax.

Sorry this is so long. My Dr just won't tell me what he is really thinking, and in reading about my symptoms I keep seeing MS. But sometimes I don't know if I am interpreting the list of symptoms correctly. Can anyone share if these are symptoms that you have also?

Thanks!

I see your symptoms do match a few possible ailments. The first thing I would do is get all of the blood tests and rule out vitamin D and vitamin B-12 deficiencies.
    Also, you must rule out Lyme disease with the blood test. Don't jump to conclusions. If you are not deficient and your PCP leaves you in limbo, you need to be referred to a neurologist who deals with MS, regularly. Good luck

Comment

Narrowing of spinal

Yes, I too had that, i went to spinal specialest. did upright MRI, narrowing in 2 spots, surgery completed. Replaced 5 vertibre in two different sections. Have ability to walk again.
      Please find a specialest, get a 2nd opinion. Good luck.
      "To Love and be Loved, is lifes greatest gift"
      Limbo 2008-12, DX 5/12, COPAXONE, GABBY, BACLOFEN, MISC.

Comment

Working...
      X