Time it takes for approval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time it takes for approval

I was wondering after all the testing is complete how long does it usually take once all the testing is in to get the approval and a start date?
    Thanks
    Laurie

I think it depends on your insurance company. When i first applied last june it took 3 weeks for my insurance to deny it. As of 1/1/15 I switch my insurance provider my calim was submitter 1/5/15 and on 1/9/15 I check the insurance website and the claim was already on the site and it appears to be apporved. it has "plan paid" with an actual dollar amount not $0, which usually means they will actually be paying it.

There is a big difference in time frames :-( Sorry that's not very helpful... waiting is so stressful.

I'm waiting too. I have my first dose scheduled for 1/22 but we are still waiting form paperwork from my INS company and if it doesn't come in time it means another week of avonex for me :-(
    Sos219
    4/24/2014
    Avonex

Gilenya 1/29/2015- present

Comment

Wow the second one was fast to approve it. Can they fax the approval letter. I called Gilenya today and they never got the service request from my dr yet. Problem was today was Martin Luther Kings birthday and my Dr was closed. I left a message with the after hours answering service but I will call again tomorrow
      Good luck thanks for responding
      Laurie

Comment

Not sure of the whole procedure, but I know the nurse that handled it for me at me Dr office said she faxes the start form to gilenya. I THINK that gilenya takes care of the paper work and stuff.

That being said I have not heard from Gilenya AT ALL this time around. No phone call from a navigator or anything.... That is making me a little nervous. I'm doing my 1st dose at my doctors office....

Avonex was constantly checking in to see if I heard anything and they would call the pharmacy or doctors office for me if they needed to. They were so on top of things. Calling me to see how I was doing.. they were great. But I don't feel like Gilenya is that great customer service wise. :-/
        Sos219
        4/24/2014
        Avonex

Gilenya 1/29/2015- present

Comment

Working...
        X