How long do the side effects last?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long do the side effects last?

I'm on my fifth day of Gilenya and feel like I have the flu most of the day, everything from stomach cramps and nausea to headache, lightheadedness and weakness. It's not so bad that it sends me to bed, but it's majorly unpleasant.

My doctor's office thinks I should give it another couple of weeks, and then maybe reduce the dose to every other day if I'm still uncomfortable. I haven't called the Gilenya GO nurses yet.

Did anybody else experience these symptoms, and did they go away after the first month or so? I haven't been able to tolerate most DMDs so I'm hoping this isn't more of the same

We are living in juxtaposition

I am on day five too. I have had dizziness and lots and lots of gas. Better out than in. lol
    I have also had fatigue. I was late picking up my daughter from school this week and late taking my son to school yesterday. Frown.
    I will take this any day though over the Betaseron. I work out a lot and I had too much muscle to handle the injections.
    Karen,
    Part time Registered Nurse
    Diagnosed 2012 just started Gilenya Jan. 12th, 2015. Formerly on Betaseron for two yrs

Comment

Update

I have been having flu like symptoms, diarrhea, nausea, stomach cramps, dizziness, vertigo. Woke up Tuesday am and the room was spinning. So tired too. It's been bad for my daytime hours.
      Called neurologist on Monday and his assistant called back yesterday. She said these symptoms are not common but it happens to some people. He asked me to take the Gilenya every other day instead of every day. I am to call back in one week.
      Karen,
      Diagnosed 2012 just started Gilenya Jan. 12th, 2015. Formerly on Betaseron for two yrs

Comment

Hi

I have been on Gilenya for 3mths now and had no issues at all
        I hope your side effects dont last too long

Comment

No more Gilenya

My heart felt funny. ❌❌ as in skipping beats. ❌❌❌
          Neurologist told me to go to ER and stop the Gilenya. Sad.
          Karen,

Comment

Ms GymRat
            did they find anything when they checked out your heart? Did you have to stay off the med permantly?
            Good luck
            Laurie

Comment

Working...
            X