EEG Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EEG Test

I had an EEG test done yesterday. Nuero said it showed some "abnormalacys" and wants me to do a sleep deprevered test, which means I have to stay awake all night and be awake at 7am for the test. Hopefully I can fall asleep for the test so they can see what happens in the middle of the night. Is it my MS? Or is it something else? Unfortunately the test is on 1/2 because they are all on vacation til after the New year. I hate the holidays This means I get another 10 days (& nights) of "episodes" in the middle of the night I need a good night sleep.
    I used to be in control of my body. Now the body is in control of me!
    DX RRMS 1997 SX 1995 or earlier
    Breast Cancer 2002 thought the chemo put me into remission. Boy was I wrong!
    DMD Avonex 5/11, Baclofen 60mg 10/2012, Tecfidera 6/19/13

Well, hope you can stay awake all night, but yes you can rest during the test. In fact I think they want you to fall asleep. You can have an abnormal EEG and not have epilepsy so you know.

Did you rest during the initial EEG?

Good luck, and let us know how you are doing.

Warmly, Jan
    I believe in miracles~!
    2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
    Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Years ago I complained to my neuro that I was having some weird arm movements in the middle of the night.

She said the MS could be causing seizure activity, so I did one of those sleep deprived EEGs. You really don't realize how hard it is to stay awake all night until you try (yet as a kid and young adult it didn't seem to be a problem )

Mine showed no seizure activity, so she concluded it was spasticity causing the weird movement and positioning of my arm in the night.

Hope you have an easy time falling asleep during the test, it wasn't a problem for me. What was a problem was not sleeping too much the next day, so I wouldn't throw off my wake/sleep cycle.

Comment

Working...
      X