Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MRI and so far, so good

Hi everyone,

I picked up my MRI report today for brain and c-spine, both with and without contrast.

Background: 31 yr old female. Mother children of 5 ages 4-12 (had to throw that in, love my kids). Dx in September 2012 after years with sx like optic neuritis, weakness in my legs, fatigue, tingling in limbs, among others throughout the last 7 years. On rebif since Nov. 2012.

Brain: Prior exam for comparison dated 07/06/12.
    There are again noted to be multiple foci of white matter hyper-intensity, predominately subcortical, the appearance is non-specific. These are unchanged. There is no acute inter-cranial abnormality. The ventricular system is normal. The pituitary appears normal. Post-gadolinium administration, there is no enhancing abnormality.
    Impression:
    There is non-specific appearing white matter disease that is stable when compared to the prior exam.

C-Spine:
    Prior exam for comparison dated 10/26/12

The exam is compromised by motion. (I had to be taken out of the machine because I just couldn't handle being in there. I just really had to sit up for a minute) The cervical cord appears grossly normal in caliber, position, and signal. There is no enhancing abnormality after gadolinium administration. Mild degenerative disc disease is again noted and unchanged.

All this seems like really good news. If there isn't change then the rebif is working, is my understanding. The DDD I believe was caused by a herniated disc resulting from a slip and fall last year.

While my problems aren't leaving me, I still have the fatigue, problems walking, dizziness, weakness, vision problems, bladder problems, etc, I am encouraged that there hasn't been progression.

Is there any chance that these lesions will go away over time or are they going to stick around?

Thanks to all who took the time to read my info and think about my questions.

I hope you all have a blessed and energetic day!!!

There is a chance some of the lesions may either shrink (although it seems yours are already small), or go away and leave behind a black hole. These usually leave behind symptoms too. It doesn't sound like it had been that long since you had had your primary MRI. It can take a while for lesions to go away, or at least decrease in size. The good news is that it sounds like the Rebif is working for you so far! I am happy for you!

Take care
    Lisa
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Working...
    X