No announcement yet.

Specialty Pharmacies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shalimar- been there done that, accredo used to tell me every 3 months when I reordered that there was a balance due, even though I paid my part when it was shipped, it was the copay assistance that they didn't have and every time it was because they never sent an invoice to them to pay it.

Also watch them if you gave them a credit card # to keep on file to cover the shipments. after I stopped using them as I stopped copaxone they billed me for my copay, when I called they told me it was my copay charge and tried to tell me they had gotten approval from me to ship it again before they did it. They never did ship again even though they swore up and down they did but could never provide a tracking # or proof that we had signed for it and it took me threatening them to report them to the state banking commissioner and state att general and lawsuit to finally get them to refund me the $.
    Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

My insurance is Medical Mutual Plus and we need to use CVS caremark. They usually ship for delivery the next day and always ask how many doses I have left.

Now I am switching from Copaxone to Gilenya but I would think it would be the same specialty pharmacy- didn't really think about it until now.

The only issue that I have is with calling CVS Caremark. I have figured out to always have something else to do because I am always on hold for 12 minutes before I get to speak to someone. Then the call goes really quickly.

Comment

i carry humana medicare advantage plan. because my medication is supplied to me at no charge i go thru ACS pharmacy. humana does not make it mandatory to use their specialty pharmacy and until they do i will not change. ACS is really on top of things. they call me each month to set up a delivery date to receive the next shipment. when they call i usally have almost 2 weeks left of copaxone. they are just great.

Comment

Working...
        X