Side effect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Side effect?

I started gilenya about a month ago. The 6h observation went well. Since, I've been having headaches that are severe at times. I'm told this is a side effect and it has been tolerable with meds.
    About 1 week On gilenya I started having cognitive symptoms. I have never had this so far. I am forgetful and having difficulty concentrating. I also get confused with the date and year. I'm having a hard time keeping things straight. I am worried I will have to stop working because I need my brain to work for my job.
    I did not find cognitive symptoms as a side effect of gilenya. Has anyone else experienced this?

I also had coincidental timing of worse cognitive symptoms just after starting Gilenya. It is not a listed side effect, but it would be easy to overlook in a trial. Gilenya changes the action of molecular receptors that are all over the body, including in the brain. If I had known ahead of time, I might have chosen a different drug, but I don't like any of the available options.

Comment

I have been on G for almost 4.5 years. I have some cognitive loss since starting but hard to say how much is MS and how much might be G after that much time.

I was in the original study and I can assure you that they did test for cognitive loss during the study, and for the 2 years I was in the study no significant changes were detected. Personally my observations match that I have seen most of the loss in the last year to year and a half which I suspect is probably the result of a new lesion not a result of G since that did not change in that time.
      Rise up this mornin, Smiled with the risin sun, Three little birds Pitch by my doorstep Singin sweet songs Of melodies pure and true, Sayin, (this is my message to you-ou-ou

Comment

Working...
      X