Living with my MS for years now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Living with my MS for years now

Greetings to the members of this forum.....I feel this place is what I need at this point in my journey with MS....and I thank those who would provide such a platform.

My journey began in 1985 when to make a long story very short I was miss diagnosed. Then in 2002 with the onset of optic neritus a spinal tap was done and the MRIs showed new as well as old lesions.

On copaxone for 9 years.....lost insurance and no treatment for the last 2 years.

Now my journey continues as I have been accepted to receive Tecfidera. I am happy to be able to treat my MS but I do have concerns as to how my MS will welcome this new addition to my body. The idea of lowering my white blood cell count does not make me very comfortable.

So here I am.....sharing my tale as I take this next step in dealing with this critter called MS.

I plan to use this site its resources and you wonderful people to make this a positive journey. And you never know I may just be able to shed some light for some of you as well....
    "Life is a Wonderment"

Welcome!! This is a great place I am also on Tecfidera (start date 5/4) and am very happy with it! Best of luck!
    dx 2002 rebif 2002-2013 Tecfidera 2013

Comment

Originally posted by tracibk View Post
      Welcome!! This is a great place I am also on Tecfidera (start date 5/4) and am very happy with it! Best of luck!
      Thanks for the welcome tracibk.
      Some wonderful information and insight on this site for sure....
      "Life is a Wonderment"

Comment

also a new member

Originally posted by tracibk View Post
        I also hope and will use this site. I am going to strt the new drug Tecfidera. Looking for the company to contact me for my starter kit.

Comment

Welcome Berserker and glad you joined us! You are going to gain much from being here. We're always ready to help and I'm sure you have helpful suggestions to share as well.

My journey also began in the late 80's and was misdiagnosed as well. The advancements in medications have come a long way since then. Good luck with Tecfidera! We now have many posts (and great suggestions) in our medication and treatments forum that you'll want to read over as you begin this treatment.

Again, welcome! Hope you come back often to share in your journey and don't be shy about asking questions!
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
            Welcome Berserker and glad you joined us! You are going to gain much from being here. We're always ready to help and I'm sure you have helpful suggestions to share as well.

My journey also began in the late 80's and was misdiagnosed as well. The advancements in medications have come a long way since then. Good luck with Tecfidera! We now have many posts (and great suggestions) in our medication and treatments forum that you'll want to read over as you begin this treatment.

Again, welcome! Hope you come back often to share in your journey and don't be shy about asking questions!
            Looking forward to being a part of this site...been keeping to my self for too long....
            "Life is a Wonderment"

Comment

You sound like me!

Hi! I have a similar story to yours. 1st symptoms started ealy 80's, tentative diagnosis '87, confirmation 2004, then started Copaxone. Just started Tecfidera last Mon. 1st 240mg dose this morning! So far, has been OK...hope you do well with it. Make sure you read other posts about what works, aspirin pre- dose, take w/food that has some fat in it (I've found a tbsp of almond butter beforehand works for me.

Good luck & move forward w/hope!

Comment

Originally posted by mgb4ms View Post
                Hi! I have a similar story to yours. 1st symptoms started ealy 80's, tentative diagnosis '87, confirmation 2004, then started Copaxone. Just started Tecfidera last Mon. 1st 240mg dose this morning! So far, has been OK...hope you do well with it. Make sure you read other posts about what works, aspirin pre- dose, take w/food that has some fat in it (I've found a tbsp of almond butter beforehand works for me.

Good luck & move forward w/hope!
                Today is day 6 of the 1/2 dose and I can say that I have had no side effects form Tecfidera.
                Why...because of the wonderful advice I have gottin from the members of this site.
                I know things may change when I start the 240,s but for now its going great.
                "Life is a Wonderment"

Comment

Working...
                X