Self Pity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self Pity

I have posted here a few times but today I just need to get my feelings of self pity off my chest.

I was diagnosed with rrms in November 2012 and so I have been going through the normal feelings of grief, anger, etc.

I just can't stand the days that I wake up and the world is gray and all I can do is cry. I hate to put my husband through this. I hate to feel this way. I hate MS.

My mom had MS so it has always been my worst nightmare. She had NO support. I was a teenager and didn't understand and my father left her. So now I feel guilty about that and she has been gone for over 20 years.

Well, venting doesn't really make me feel better. I do know that some days are like this and I will cherish the days that are better.

*hugs*
    I know how difficult this can be. I was diagnosed in 2005. The first few years were the hardest. Then, I decided to take a more pro-active approach and set out to learn everything I could about natural ways to help my condition. Ever since then, I have a new outlook on life...and my symptoms have really let up since changing my diet. I found an amazing holistic nutritionist who specializes in MS, I started meditating and I learned to appreciate all the good little things in my life.
    Try not to let stress and feelings of anger control and overtake you. Stress only makes this condition worse, as you might know. I have also learned that nutritional deficiencies and a lock of omega 3's can make depression worse so make sure you're eating well and taking care of yourself.

~Jen

Comment

Hi loopey. /hugs In our society everyone tells you to "think positive." It is a platitude that quickly invalidates our feelings and shuts down communication. I think that mourning your former self is NORMAL. How can you move on if you don't grieve? And if you're not ready to move on that is ok. I know I had a positive outlook at first, saying to myself, ok, white matter disease, cord is frayed general intelligence intact, that's all I care about. Then I read studies about brain atrophy and grey matter lesions that don't show up on MRIs, and I thought how can you be optimistic about your entire Selfhood under attack?

Comment

Hey there,
        Just wanted to let you know you aren't alone. I hate MS also... really, really hate it.

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
        Anonymous

Comment

Working...
        X