Been a long time..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been a long time..

I was here once before I believe, ages ago, and as I enjoyed a nice stretch of symptom-free living I kept my diagnosis out of sight, out of mind. Soooo, guess what happened, and what brings me back?

Today marks two weeks since I woke up and stumbled to the bathroom with this nagging feeling that something just wasn't quite right. I'm ordinarily blind as a bat without my contacts or glasses, but this was different. Yup, my first optic neuritis experience came on while I peacefully slept, looking forward to some fun summer plans on tap for that week. MS certainly has great timing, yes?

Anyhoo, the vision has improved quite a bit, but it's still all jacked up, with what is almost like a big greasy fingerprint right on me eyeball. I hear it gets better, but then I read stuff smattered with words like "SOME people recover," "MOST people recover good or all vision", "USUALLY symptoms go away within 3 months to a year" -- and I focus on those words in caps. Ah, doubt, you evil evil nag.

Enough of that - about me now - I'm 36, dx'd in 2005 when I was 28. Live in the SW burbs of Chicago. One daughter, 12 years old, a wonderful hubby who rolls with the punches better than anyone I know. Two dogs, Laci and Bella. A guinea pig named Nibbles. I teach. I love my job with everything in me. I just completed my second Master's Degree in School Improvement Administration. I dream of becoming an Elementary School Principal, and maybe someday a Superintendent. I love to sing, and still think I'm good enough to be on the radio, but realistic to know that will likely never happen. I love Sharpies (yes, the marker), mechanical pencils, a loud classroom and Converse sneakers (in every color!). I make lists and never complete them. I love to paint (walls, not pictures). I love to cook, but hate shopping for the ingredients. I love to so laundry, but hate to fold it and put it away.

I guess that's a pretty good intro - anything YOU wanna know?
    "Now the sun is setting, getting ready for tomorrow. Soon the moon'll be glowing, showing off the moonlight. Take a look above you, discover the view. If you haven't noticed, please do. Please do. Please do." - Kermit

"I'm through accepting limits, because someone says they're so, some things I cannot change, but til I try I'll never know...I'm defying gravity, and you can't pull me down!" - Elphaba, Wicked

First Symptoms - 9/05
    Officially DX'd RRMS - 11/14/05
    Rebif - 12/18/05

Welcome, SingingGal! - I enjoyed reading your intro and am glad you had a good long time of being symptom free. You've accomplished a lot in your life so far and you are to be commended

We have new forums since you were here last, but we still have the same wonderful and compassionate people here. Hope your vision improves greatly and quickly and we hear lots more from you!

I love your signature from Elphaba in Wicked. I saw the Broadway show in NY last fall and Elphaba was incredible Just loved it!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
    X