Hi Im a newbie. ;-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Im a newbie. ;-)

Im 33, single mom of one. Im from Ohio. Im recently diagnosed and it sucks! Im usually upbeat about it but today isn't a good day. I was supposed to take my Avonex. It hurt so bad. I jus said screw it and refused. Im tired of being tired! The fatigue is a monster in itself! I feel so alone. Noone to talk to, Noone understands how I feel. Im jus getting depressed over it.
    Dx: 10-5-12
    Began Avonex: 11-21-12

hey there

Hi Ms.

I feel your pain and worry. I'm in the same boat, and feel the same way everyday. It's like slowly going down a hill.

I'm 31, diagnosed Dec 2011, also single and male. I think that it will take some time for you to go over the grieving process. Did you think about seeing other therapists?

I'm on Rebif, and also hate the injections. I even have the autoinjector, and still can't stand it.

Don't worry, we are all here for you, and ask away with any questions.

Feel free to also contact me in my profile, my email is there. I'm also looking for people to connect with.
    New study on vaping
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23237736
    *****BEST INFO BELOW*******
    http://pharmrev.aspetjournals.org/content/58/3/389.full
    http://ripatients.org/cms/uploads/File/MS/Clark_2004_MSandCannabis.pdf

Comment

Hello

Hi MS,
      Feel free to email me. I'm totally tracking your vibe!

I have three children. I have fatigue from my medication. I was just diagnosed August 25, 2012. I was stunned. I don't like taking Betaseron. I just started the full dose one week ago.

I decided to take the Betaseron mostly because I have three children ages 13, 10, & 8. If not for them, I'm not sure I would take it. I would just feel guilty if I didn't take the medicine and then I progressed and they would have to spend time taking care of me. They are already having to do a lot more than they used to as it is. I'm not trying to talk you into anything. I'm just writing why I decided to take the medicine.

Yesterday my primary doctor gave me a B12 injection and it seems like it's helping my fatigue.

I'm taking alpha lapoic acid and l carnitine. I read about those supplements on this forum. They seem to help as well.
      I'd love to have someone to talk to. My email is on my profile.

-Karen
      Karen,
      Part time Registered Nurse
      Diagnosed 2012 just started Gilenya Jan. 12th, 2015. Formerly on Betaseron for two yrs

Comment

Thank u

Both for responding... its all new and very scary but knowing of others like me makes it better! Im only on Avonex. Jus starting out, haven't had a full dose yet. The sight of the needle scares me! Ill be using the Avonex pen for now on. I see a counselor maybe once or twice monthly. Im not on psychotropics, I dnt feel I nd them. My strong faith has gotten me to this point. If not for God I'd be a goner!
        Dx: 10-5-12
        Began Avonex: 11-21-12

Comment

Ms. MS:

I just found this place. I cannot tell you, how much this place and just reading, is helping me!

I was able to get out tonight and could hardly wait to come in here and peek, after just getting home!

Thanks everyone, for being so compassionate and educating me!

Up

Comment

Working...
          X