Another newbie :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another newbie :)

Hi, I am Tanya and live in Queensland Australia. Mum to five beautiful kids and Just found out two weeks ago that I have MS.
    I've Had symptoms on and off for two years but it was a huge SHOCK to get the diagnosis. Feeling Extremely sore and extremely tired just seems normal to me.
    Anyway just wanted to say Hi. I'm just on here looking for information, support and a chat with people who know some of what I am (and what I maybe) going through in the future .
    Its been a hard two weeks with way more symptoms than I have ever had but I am hoping it is just due to the stress of finding out. I have a neurologist appointment in the new year to work out what treatment plan to take.

Welcome newbie

Well, welcome to the message boards. Sorry it's for this reason. After the shock eventually wears off, you will find that life goes on, just in a different manner than you expected. When I was diagnosed I thought the world was going to end. After reading alot of material and reading the message boards of what everyone else with MS is going through I felt a little more at ease. I certainly didn't think my life would be what it is today, but you just have to keep a positive attitude and don't be afraid to ask questions and to vent when you need to. You are not alone in this and don't think you have to be strong alol the time. There are times when I am not as strong either. I hope you have a great support system at home and with friends and always remember, you have us.
    Kim,
    Dx 6/23/08 Avonex 7/08 - 11/11
    Gilenya 02/12 - present

Comment

WELCOME TANYA!!!!!! it is great to have you here but I am sorry why. MS world is a great place to get information and support! There are so many of us that have MS that someone is likely to be able to give you some insight. Good luck to you!
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Working...
      X