Baclofen pump ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baclofen pump ?

Can anybody tell how much of the baclofen did they put in the pump to start you off with

Hi..

I have a 40 cc pump & it gets filled with 40cc's each time it is refilled. There is also the 20 cc pump.

Take care, Bob

Comment

I'm sorry I meant how much of a dosage do they give u to start with

Comment

Hi debRA,

The initial dose is determined from the screening trial, and varies from person to person.

From Drugs.com:

Post-Implant Dose Titration Period: To determine the initial total daily dose of LIORESAL INTRATHECAL following implant, the screening dose that gave a positive effect should be doubled and administered over a 24-hour period, unless the efficacy of the bolus dose was maintained for more than 8 hours, in which case the starting daily dose should be the screening dose delivered over a 24-hour period. No dose increases should be given in the first 24 hours (i.e., until the steady state is achieved).

You can read more here:
        http://www.drugs.com/dosage/lioresal-intrathecal.html

Then, your daily dosage is adjusted over the next several months until the most effective dose is achieved.

I hope this helps!
        Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Working...
        X