No announcement yet.

Did they work for you? Acetyl L-carnitine and alpha lipoic acid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think they are dreaming. I just think it works for some and not others. Plus people have different types of fatigue as well.

Hope it helps you!

Comment

with regards to original question: took for a year solid, sadly did nothing for me. I stopped wasting my money.

For those of you that take it & find it helps decrease fatigue - congratulations!
      Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult...

Comment

Talked to Dr.

Do to a hyper thyroid disease my Dr. was not in favor of this. So if any of you have any thyroid problems check with your Dr. DANG.........and I was hoping for more energy. Amantadine did ZIP!!!!! So happy alot of you are finding it works!
        Susie

Diagnosed 6-28-14
        RRMS
        Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

I've also tried it - for three months - and no improvement with fatigue. I'm so disappointed. I don't believe I'll continue it (mostly due to cost). If someone has had an experience of it taking a lengthy time to see the effects, please let me know and I"ll hang with it a little longer.

Comment

I got several months worth from Amazon, taking the 2000mg of ALC, with a total per month for both of about $17. That doesn't sound like a lot to me? I'm also taking B12 (1000mg) and CoQ10 and adding D3 plus multi vitamins soon.

It's probably the B12, but I did feel a little boost after breakfast in the morning. Gonna keep a log of what I notice.
            ---------------
            "It's never crowded along the extra mile." --Dr. Wayne Dyer

Comment

Rocky'sMom, thank you....I'll check out Amazon. I spent $19 for 30 400mg pills for ALC (Nature's Bounty at Walgreens). So I was spending $20 every 10 days (taking 3 pills/daily), or $60 month...

Thanks!

Comment

DebbieB, you're welcome! I buy so much stuff on Amazon, it's amazing. And I buy through AmazonSmile and have .5% donated to my favorite charity. Plus I get free shipping through AmazonPrime, and all that free music and videos.

They have such a selection of supplements, you should be able to find a great deal just about anytime.
                ---------------

Comment

Update, an amazing one!

So I've been taking to 2000mg of ALC and 200mg of ALA plus 1000mg B12 and 100mg CoQ10 for just three mornings in a row and I'm amazed!

I haven't been able to stand for more than 30 seconds and today I can stand indefinitely and I even lifted my right foot up about five or six inches!

I did notice a little surge of energy yesterday morning but it had waned by afternoon but came back up a bit after dinner.

So this is definitely working for me!! We'll see if it wanes again but hopefully not too much.
                  ---------------

Comment

It does wane in the late afternoon

Ah well, it does wane in the afternoon and today I'm weak again but then I had a bleeding problem yesterday so maybe that is a factor which will hopefully improve. I'll wait longer to post more feedback in case this is all a rollercoaster ride.
                    ---------------

Comment

One month update

This stuff does seem to help with my strength most days. I will definitely keep taking it. It doesn't help in a huge way but in a lot of small ways and every little bit helps.
                      ---------------

Comment

This thread is AMAZING! I’m going to start this and I hope the thread picks back up, as it is hard to find information and good feed back about this combo. Hope everyone on it is still benefitting!

Comment

Just started the ALCAR. R-ALA is on its way. Took ALCAR this morning and can actually feel it! Unbelievable! I’ve been researching and found this article: https://the-unwinder.com/reviews/ace...a-lipoic-acid/
                          Info on why the two work together.

Comment

Originally posted by Raceya View Post
                            Just started the ALCAR. R-ALA is on its way. Took ALCAR this morning and can actually feel it! Unbelievable! I’ve been researching and found this article: https://the-unwinder.com/reviews/ace...a-lipoic-acid/
                            Info on why the two work together.
                            This has always been one of my favorite supplements. I agree that I can feel the difference and the boost of energy is true. It is a longer term energy boost than caffeine. Love it!
                            Don't be afraid of the waves- Focus on the MASTER walking on the water - you won't even SEE the waves

Comment

Working...
                            X