Tisch Centre has completed first stem cell procedure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tisch Centre has completed first stem cell procedure

Richard Cohen has shared that he has had his first stem cell infusion at the Tisch Centre. He was the first patient. If you go to his blog he has posted a video of the procedure.

Good Luck to Richard.

What a fascinating and exciting video! Thanks AMJ for posting the info, kudos to Richard Cohen for sharing his journey!
    Symptoms 8/09. Dx 1/10. Avonex 2/10 - 1/11. Copaxone 2/11 to 5/13. Tecfidera 5/13 to 2/15. Gilenya 12/15 to current.

Comment

Thanks for posting this AMJ and for Richard for taking this first of its kind stem cell infusion treatment. Really groundbreaking and hope and pray that it's successful!! The video in his blog can be seen here at http://richardmcohen.com/
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Thanks AMJ for the 'heads up'. Imagine Richard Cohen, husband of TV personality and TV news reporter Meredith Viera, is the first person to undergo this treatment. Richard is a published author and former TV news producer. And the very first person to receive this type of treatment. They are clearly cognizant of the importance of creating public awareness of stem cell treatment for MS. My hopes and prayers are with them. God luck

Comment

I watched the video and almost cried. I hope and pray this turns out to be a positive step forward.

I read Wheelchair Kamikaze's blog and he didn't seem to put a lot of faith in this. He stated this has been done in other countries and only gave people temporary relief.
          Suspected MS 1985. dx 1994 still RRMS EDSS 1.0

Comment

I hear you loud and clear. Think about this for a minute. Richard Cohen is no dummy. His wife, Meredith Viera, is no dummy. I am sure that they know that they are throwing craps. So they could be throwing money down a hole. But even if they are. I am sure that some temporary relief from this MonSter is better than no chance of relief. 24/7 feeling crappy.
            I would take some chance over no chance, any day. I am PPMS and would take the spinal injection repeated every year or 6 months, as long as I could afford it. There's a guy, here in Philadelphia, who has done stem cell infusions in Panama or Costa Rica and has found that it must be repeated to maintain the benefits of the stem cell infusion.

Comment

Yes. However, when I read Wheelchair Kamikaze's latest blog, titled 'Pioneering Stem Cell Trial Needs Your Help' it retiterates the need to not give up hope with this procedure. Tisch seems to have a proprietary method that has not been tried any where in the world (yet)?
              Symptoms 8/09. Dx 1/10. Avonex 2/10 - 1/11. Copaxone 2/11 to 5/13. Tecfidera 5/13 to 2/15. Gilenya 12/15 to current.

Comment

In the video, shot by Meredith, the doctor says this is the very first stem cell procedure of its kind in the world. No matter what anyone else says, I tend to believe the words of Dr. Sadiq. Pray for this procedure to be the 'cure'. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by JerryD View Post
                  In the video, shot by Meredith, the doctor says this is the very first stem cell procedure of its kind in the world. No matter what anyone else says, I tend to believe the words of Dr. Sadiq. Pray for this procedure to be the 'cure'. Good luck

Exactly. We hear so many going overseas for stem cell treatments and they make it sound the same but it's not. I know of someone right now who is flying over to India she thinks she is having the same exact treatment as the one done at the Tisch Center.
                  Suspected MS 1985. dx 1994 still RRMS EDSS 1.0

Comment

That is not to say that the treatment in India works or doesn't work. I know that Dr. Burt chooses his HSCT patients carefully so he can give his patients the best possible outcome. That contributes to the success rate that he enjoys. If someone is looking for some type of stem cell replacement procedure and goes to a foreign country to get it, they are taking a BIG GAMBLE. Unless the procedure has been subjected to rigorous clinical testing, it is 'gambling'. As it is Dr.Sadiq said he doesn't KNOW what the outcomes of the MSC-NP procedure will be. I am sure he has 'high hopes'.

Comment

Working...
                    X