Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does this drug make anyone sleepy/fatigued or depressed/sad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this drug make anyone sleepy/fatigued or depressed/sad?

Thinking about switching to this treatment, as I've been on Betaferon for almost six months and it doesn't feel right to me. I'm wondering if anyone taking this drug feel fatigue or depressed/moody from it?

No issues here

I've been on since June 2011, after taking rebif for 9 years. Absolutely no issues here. I actually ran my first half marathon last month. Not one issue with Gilenya. Love it, hated the needles by the end of Rebif.
    Dx May 2002 RRMS
    Rebif Sept 2002 to June 2011
    Gilenya June 2011 - present
    EDSS 0.0

Comment

Did you ever have double-vision?

Thank you for your reply.
      By chance, did you ever have double-vision?
      I was just diagnosed with MS in January 2013. I had double-vision that is what signaled I had MS. I also kind of worry about the possible eye problems, although I've already went to have the eye tests.

Comment

tadenuma,

I never felt fatigued or tired on Gilenya, but my wbc count did get too low. I had some serious infections because of that. I had to go off the drug for that reason.

Best wishes,
        Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

I've been on G for about 3 months or so now. I did have a passing cloud of depression at about 6 weeks but it has since lifted. Other than that I don't think I've had any other significant fatigue or sleepiness (other than my usual).

Good luck with it

Comment

I've been on gilyenia for 10 weeks. I had increased fatigue for the first month or so. ive been feeling more depressed lately and was wondering if that could be a side effect
            Learn from yesterday
            Live for today
            Hope for tomorrow

Comment

I've been on Gilenya for seven years now (I was in the clinical trial) and do not have a problem with sleepiness or depression and no more fatigue than I had before I was on it.

I also took Betaseron for two years and did have problems with fatigue and depression on that, although I think that was because I felt like I had the flu the whole time. I also had relapses -- which I haven't had since starting Gilenya.

RE double vision: I had this problem one time about 14 years ago. It lasted several weeks and then went away and never came back. I was on Avonex at the time.

Before I was diagnosed -- about 25 years ago -- I experienced a loss of central vision that lasted less than 24 hours.

My only vision problems now are related to age, not MS.

Best wishes

Comment

Working...
              X