Who would pay for a retest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who would pay for a retest

If your first test for the JC antibodies came back "Indeterminate" and you want to retest will TOUCH pay for the retest? It has been about 3 months since my first test.
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

Maybe ask your doctor?

I would think that if you and your neuro are still considering Tysabri, you could have the test paid for by Bioden. I'm on Tysabri, and I get tested for JCV antibodies every three months, courtesy of the Touch program.

Comment

I would call your doctor and let them know you don't want to take another Tysabri infusion until you retake the STRATIFY JCV test. You could also make the request directly to Biogen by calling 1-800-456-2255. They may simply refer you to the neurologist, but they don't want to lose your infusion revenue over the cost of a test.

The results are generally available in 5-10 days so don't delay.

Comment

I have the test done every 3 months thru the VA, they are not charged for it. I have always tested positive since I have been on TY, just went over 5 yrs in July. the four tests I have had done have ranged from .73- .84, it seems to bounce around from one test to another.
        Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

Working...
        X