Possible switch from Tecfiders to Tysabri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible switch from Tecfiders to Tysabri

I had a Neuro appt Monday to go over my MRI I done last Thursday. I expected usual which is no change. But I was wrong. I actually had one large lesion that had shrunk in size but I had numerous new lesions in my frontal lobes.
    This led to the discussion of switching DMD's. Has anyone switched from Tec to Ty if so how long do you have to be off Tec before you can start Ty? Any help would be appreciated.
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

Switching from Tec to Tys

I am also switching from Tec to Tys - I was actually on Tys for 7 months and very happy with it - but liked the idea of a pill 2x a day when Tec became available. My first Tys treatment is this next week and my doctor has said keep on Tec until the day of treatment. I hope Tys will be as good as it was last time - good luck to you!

Comment

switching

From my understanding Tysabri is considered a medical procedure versus a medical prescription.

I received a grant from the Chronic Disease Fund for $5000, which put me into a panic until it was explained how this was billed through the insurance:

The infusion site bills the insurance (approx. $9000) for a medical procedure that pays all but the 20%. The infusion center then gets the remaining payment from the Chronic Disease Fund, by the time that fund is emptied I will have filled the out of pocket limit and the insurance should cover infusions 100%.

I did receive approval within 24 hr from the Charity after they received the application.

The key to understanding this is to consider Ty as a procedure not a script. Active Source was indispensable in handling insurance, doctor and charity.

Peace,
      Anna

Comment

Michyelle

Why did you stop Ty the first time you were on it?
        Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
        Babe Ruth

Comment

Originally posted by hobbit View Post
          From my understanding Tysabri is considered a medical procedure versus a medical prescription.

I received a grant from the Chronic Disease Fund for $5000, which put me into a panic until it was explained how this was billed through the insurance:

The infusion site bills the insurance (approx. $9000) for a medical procedure that pays all but the 20%. The infusion center then gets the remaining payment from the Chronic Disease Fund, by the time that fund is emptied I will have filled the out of pocket limit and the insurance should cover infusions 100%.

I did receive approval within 24 hr from the Charity after they received the application.

The key to understanding this is to consider Ty as a procedure not a script. Active Source was indispensable in handling insurance, doctor and charity.

Peace,
          Anna
          Thanks for explaining this Anna. It's always nice to know how to go about getting the high cost of these procedures / meds within reason.

Bree

Comment

Working...
          X