Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lidwina, the patron saint of MSers, (a most read story, for all MSers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lidwina, the patron saint of MSers, (a most read story, for all MSers)

In the 9+ years of having MS every so often I hear stories of how people where told that their MS was caused be lack of faith or most recently because not spiritually grounded.

This time I had the ideal to Google famous religious people with MS, for my reply.
    Much to my surprise I discovered a Dutch Saint that had MS, Lidwina of Schiedam.
    She is the patron saint of ice skaters and the chronically ill.

But after reading that high lights of her story not only do I believe Saint Lidwina of Schiedam is the patron saint of MSers, I feel it is an inspiring MSer and one that we can relate to even though it happen 600 years ago. (Falls, pain, etc and even troubles getting health care I hate to think what health care was like back then )

I think hers’ and her families story would make a great TV series.

Anyway I recommend taking a little time and Googling her story, and if any one happens to come across a Lidwina prayer please post it, I have not found one yet.
    Give life meaning, live life by the 9 Noble Virtues.

Thanks for the recommendation...I'll definitely take you up on that and google her story.

Comment

Interesting story, Sir Voor! This got me into doing a tad bit more research and found that some also view St. Bartholomew (saint of neurological diseases) and St. Dymphna (affliction of the nervous system) as also patron saints. Altho, Lidwini is the only one to be viewed as having MS.

After searching, I didn't know there were so many saints ~ for every condition, affliction, occupation, circumstance, etc - you name it, they have you covered!!
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

ST Lidwina Prayer

This is the prayer I found on a St. Lidwina pryer card:

----Prayer----

St. Lidwina, in your sufferings you knew well the weight of the cross. Please pray for all who are burdened in life. Teach us by your example to never waste one drop of pain, but to lovingly and courageously "offer it up" to our Lord, who suffered patiently for us.
        Amen.
        Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
        Babe Ruth

Comment

Working...
        X