Crutch with style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crutch with style

This is for anyone wanting crutches (UNDERARM) that look a bit cooler. (I AM NOT A SALESMAN, just a young guy with MS that searched for something a little big cooler)

They are colored crutches and can be found at OrthoTape.com

I just bought these, I got them in jet black, they are very tightly made, look alot better, and are VERY light. would recommend to anyone looking for colored crutches.

**URL removed by Moderator in compliance with MSWorld Guidelines. This may be put in your Profile for all registered, logged-in members to see. Go to UserCP > Edit Details**

Hi Chrisjarvis93,

Thanks for the info. Glad you found something you like and works for you!

Mobility aids have come a long way in just the past few years. They are more lightweight than ever with many different color options. I did a quick Google search and found a site that offered 17 different color options for forearm crutches! I can remember the ones I was offered after my first major relapse about a decade or so ago. Not too fashionable a color ~ silver.

Underarm crutches aren't normally recommended for MS patients, though. Forearm crutches (also called Lofstrand or Canadian crutches) are good if you need more support than a cane can offer. They have a cuff that goes around your lower arm and a handle perpendicular to the crutch that helps support your weight. Forearm crutches don't require as much upper arm strength as regular crutches or canes, so they help conserve valuable energy. You can learn more here: http://www.dummies.com/how-to/conten...lity-aids.html

Best Wishes,
    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Working...
    X