New and shy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New and shy

I was diagnosis seven years ago. I sometimes think I'm still in shock and upset. I haven't had a relapse for three years but the last one took my balance away. I now walk with a cane which I'm getting use too I even named my cane (lol). I'm exercising because I have made up my mind I do not want to be in a wheelchair plus I have a positive attitude but sometimes I get a little down. Family helps but I feel I need to talk to someone who has ms. I lost my job my house I don't drive any more because my I can't feel my feet any more. So in one year three years ago I lost a lot. My doctor that diagnosis me went some where else and I had to find some one else I really like her. So I'm ok with the one I have but there isn't much of a choice of a doctor here where I live. I'm sorry I just let to much info out. I'm really shy and lonely maybe that's why I talked so much.

Welcome to MSWorld. I think you will find a "home" here to be able to connect with other people that are going through or have gone through just what you are.

MS is so darn frustrating. It takes away so much from our lives, and that is hard to deal with.

Our members are great - they are supportive, caring and very informative about all aspects of MS.

I know that you said you are shy, but let me invite you to join in our chat room. You don't have to say much, but the people there are so nice.

Good luck with everything - and keep posting!

Comment

Hi Hatethis57 and welcome! You never should feel shy here - nor lonely - as we all understand so much of what you are going through. We all at one time have felt shock, denial, anger, get depressed at times and have had our share of losses too.

The beauty of MSWorld is that we can all share our experiences and we get it! So, you can talk all you want here with us - ask questions and make comments and feel at "home" with us.

I'm glad to hear you are exercising as keeping our bodies strong goes a long way with this battle.

Stay in touch and keep well !
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hello. Welcome aboard, Hatethis57. Let it out. Go for your life!

There's just about nothing you can say here that someone won't understand. (Unless it's in Serbo-Croatian , and even then...)

You are not alone. There are thousands of us out there.

And the great thing is, just putting your experiences down in words can make you feel so much better. No more bottling it up.

Comment

Welcome

I am very sorry that you feel alone. I am new here also and I must tell you that it has been on this board that I have found practically every answer to my hundreds of questions.

I try to read the more positive posters, I know that we are pretty limited in how we can deal with this but I have to admit that trying to keep a positive spin helps ME. We are all different.

You will find your niche, just keep reading, when you find a poster you like go to their profile and read their story. You will be amazed at the fortitude and intelligence of so many.

Peace MS sister.

Maggi

Comment

Hi Hatethis57. I'm new here too and I can tell you it's a great place. I've had MS for a long time but just started on meds. This great group of people have unknowingly answered questions I never knew I had!!! Visit often-you really will find answers to all your questions. Good luck and keep your positive attitude!

Comment

I'm in the same boat.

Hello my name is Christopher but you can call me chris. I have had RRMS since 1995. I'm 57 years old now. I use a cane or walker, depending on how far I need to go. My left leg is very weak, and no feeling in foot. I have to concentrate on every step to prevent falling. I do drive still but it has to be an automatic transmission. (Can't operate the clutch with my leg & foot issues). I've been on Rebif Since 2009, and Ampyra since 2010. So never think that your alone with your issues. I too lost my job in 2011, after working there for 33 years. That when you find out "Your just a number" to corporate America. Be strong and hang in there. You have a friend in me.

Comment

Glad you joined us! I'm sure you'll feel right at home in no time. I know you're really shy so I hope we all are able to help get you past it. Many of us have our emails in our profiles, should you need to reach out.

Hope you feel comfortable here as quickly as many of us did!
                Jen
                RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
                "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

thank you for your post

I'm not exactly certain I'm shy. What I am is a person who cuts to the point. I hate it even though it served me so well in corporate america (with new hires who were timid/afraid/uncertain/knew no one/didn't get the system/were afraid to talk to people about their past due accounts/etc). So, my strength as a collection manager is NOT a strength in my normal, everyday life.

So, I sit at home all day during the week and am pretty desperate for human contact.

So, I'm not sure I made you feel any better but I do so thank you. I hope to hear (lol-read) back from you. We can talk about anything or nothing

Comment

Working...
                  X