Taking Rebif out of Fridge Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking Rebif out of Fridge Question?

I normally take my shot out the morning I am going to do it so it has plenty of time to get to room temperature. This week for my Friday shot I will be leaving to go out of town on Thursday morning and coming back early evening on Friday.

Is it possible to take the shot out on Thursday morning and not use it until Friday evening? Or is this too soon to take it out of the fridge? Any thoughts? Thanks

Im not on rebif, Im on copaxone, but usually it only takes 20-30 minutes for the med to get to room temp.

Comment

When I did Rebif, I would take a weeks worth out of the fridge, and keep it at room temp.
      That is not a problem.

Comment

In your Rebif box there is a big white paper. On the paper it says you can keep it out of the frig at 77 degrees or below for 30 days. I take 3 of mine out for the week. That way they are ready to go. I take mine at night, so I sleep through the side effects.

Comment

Rebif and Refrigeration

As cloudedmoon said, you can leave Rebif out of the fridge at temperatures up to 77 degrees out of direct sunlight for up to 30 days. I also take my 3 syringes for the week out at the beginning of the week. If the syringe feels cool to you then you can hold it in your closed hand for a minute to warm it up.

Comment

This definitely...

Originally posted by pjsSissy70 View Post
            Im not on rebif, Im on copaxone, but usually it only takes 20-30 minutes for the med to get to room temp.
            This definitely depends on where you live. I'm in MT so my house is pretty cool, I take three shots out for the week and it's fine when our short summer hits I'll take one out at a time in evening the night before or morning I take my Sunday shot as early as 1pm these days and later in the day the rest of the week

There is a temperature it shouldn't pass it's 70something look on the package. I bought a temperature really cheap soi could always know the temperature of the room I keep my shots in, this is helpful
            moment by moment Wendy Rochet

Comment

Where you live makes a difference!

Your home temp will dictate what you can do, get a temp Gage and follow instructions. Traveling I have been where it's 114 hot! In this case only taking it out a few hours before

If you fly you can't use an ice "gel" pack it has to be a hard plastic type pack, just an FYI for ya
              moment by moment Wendy Rochet

Comment

Working...
              X