copaxone injection sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

copaxone injection sites

I can not use my thighs as an injection site for my copaxone. The pain and reactions are just too much. I've tried different tips and techniques, but I've given up on that area.

So, with 2 sites down, what sites do you add to still keep a 7 day rotation??

Currently, I have split my stomach into three areas (left, middle, right) but sometimes I feel like I'm abusing it. Is that okay??

Thanks for your input.....

I couldn't do my arms due to pain and swelling, so I did hip, hip, thigh, thigh, belly, belly, belly. I made sure to chart exactly where I was injecting and it worked out OK. So, I made the same choice you did.

There is quite a bit of real estate on many people's hips and hineys, and your neuro might give you the go ahead to extend the available area there if you ask.

Comment

I cant do my arms or top of legs, too much pain and etc. So I skip them totally. I do tummy, hips, upper side of legs and my bum. My doc said the bum is fine. I got alot in the trunk so my dh helps me with those. I do the same thing with my tummy, split in 3s on each side. My tummy gets alot of action because thats what I can reach easily.

Comment

Please talk to your doctor about alternate sites. At one point, I was doing 4 belly and 2 hip shots of Copaxone per week. Dr. said I could skip 7th shot. Used four quadrants on the belly - upper and lower left and right.

My reactions were still pretty bad, however, so I'm now on Gilenya.

Comment

Sites

I started off with bad reactions on thighs, but then started having them everywhere and had to switch meds. I would talk to your dr. I tried everything before stopping.
          RRMS 10/2011 Sick and tired of being sick and tired!

Comment

I agree with cosake, talk to your doctor about alternate sites.
            Currently I’m using my full spire tire and not my thighs or arms.

Maybe I should not be doing this, but I’m removing most of the air out of the syringe before injecting.
            It greatly reduces my site reaction, but I recommend talking to your doctor and shared-solutions before trying it.
            Give life meaning, live life by the 9 Noble Virtues.

Comment

I have been experiencing a wierd feeling after an injection. It feels like a chill down my legs not a cold chill but like anxiety
              limbo land for 1 year and 4 months DX February 2012 Copaxon February 2012 for 6 months. No DMD's since.

Comment

Working...
              X