Lab Work while taking 40mg Copaxone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lab Work while taking 40mg Copaxone

Recently started 40 mg Copaxone after being on and off (due to financial reasons) the 20 mg for over 10 years. I've been seeing the same neuro for the same amount of time.
    She never ordered ANY lab work for me with the exception of when I first say her to confirm my MS diagnosis. Was always told all she was interested in was my Vitamin D levels. ( My GP ordered the Vitamin D as well as other tests annually or more if needed.)
    I saw her last week and she ordered lab word for me to have done in late April, prior to my next appointment. I just took the several pages of stuff she gave me at the end of the appointment, e.g. order for my MRIs, some prescriptions, lab work, etc.
    She ordered several lab tests which she has never done before. For those of you taking the 40mg dosage of Copaxone, are your doctors now ordering lab work?

What labs did she order?
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

I recently had a 3-month followup after having been dx'ed. It was 2 months since I started Copaxone. 40mg. My doctor did order some labs - a standard CBC and liver function test, all of which came back looking really good. I'm not clear on whether this is something she typically orders and would be repeating, if it's done for the 40mg dose but not the 20, or if she was just checking in my case given that I initially had some bad reactions to the shots (chills & high fever, no longer happening) and perhaps she just wanted to check for me that there were no other bad effects.

So far all the lab work is looking good for me but I'm not scheduled for any more MRIs until next May. I am really hoping that the drug is working; at least it's not causing many problems for me anymore.
      Sx since 2007; Dx Oct. 2014. Started Copaxone after Dx...praying that it's working!

Comment

Jules A

My neuro ordered a comprehensive metabolic panel, a CBC, Vitamin D (last result was a 40, previous was a 48 - no one seems concerned) and a TSH (I've had thyroid problems, first hyper then hypo for over twenty years).
        So, I'm wondering if my doctor ordered these lab tests since I have changed from 20mg to 40mg of Copaxone. Neuro hasn't ordered lab tests for me in ten years.

Comment

ASK

She orders it when I request it- that's how we learned my vitamin D level was low. Since it is not an interferon, there's no concern about liver enzymes. I cannot imagine any physician not doing a CBC when/if you request 1. Should you request lab work and are denied, in my opinion, it's time for another MD Shalom, Suzanne
          You never fail, until you stop trying__Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
          X