DAY 2 OF TECFIDERA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DAY 2 OF TECFIDERA

I'M DOING GOOD. VERY VERY MILD FLUSHING LITTLE TINGLING ITCHY NOTHING BAD. I JUST TAKE PRILOSEC IN THE MORNING HOUR OR SO BEFORE THE BABY ASPIRIN ,TEC AND A 25MG BENADRYL CHASER. EASY AS PIE. THE ONLY MAIN PROBLEM I'M HAVING IS THAT THE BENADRYL IS KNOCKING ME OUT. NOT SO GOOD.
    THINKING ABOUT TAKE A HALF DOSE OF THE BENADRYL .25MG .
    HOPE YA'LL DOING WELL TODAY. WELL UPDATE SOON.
    dx.SPMS (baclofen,gabapenin,norco)
    started tecfidera 7/10/2013
    rituxan 11/13/2012 stopped due to side effect &it didn't help me (for RA and MS)
    copaxone started 4/2012 but stopped due to bad allergic reaction
    Matt.19;26 “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

Originally posted by wheeliegirl View Post
    I'M DOING GOOD. VERY VERY MILD FLUSHING LITTLE TINGLING ITCHY NOTHING BAD. I JUST TAKE PRILOSEC IN THE MORNING HOUR OR SO BEFORE THE BABY ASPIRIN ,TEC AND A 25MG BENADRYL CHASER. EASY AS PIE. THE ONLY MAIN PROBLEM I'M HAVING IS THAT THE BENADRYL IS KNOCKING ME OUT. NOT SO GOOD.
    THINKING ABOUT TAKE A HALF DOSE OF THE BENADRYL .25MG .
    HOPE YA'LL DOING WELL TODAY. WELL UPDATE SOON.
    I am so glad you are doing well! I am on my 3rd week. I do have mild flushing here and there (not every day... and just a little big now). I never did take benadryl (that stuff knocks me out) I quit taking the Baby Aspirin and Prilosec. But I'm thinking my Probiotics is what is helping any stomach issues with this.

I have noticed my numbness is worse and Neurontin doesn't cover it all the way. Also I do feel "Tired" most of the time. But I am hoping all these symptoms will go away after my body gets use to Tec and it "kicks in".

Comment

I'm glad you have done well. I will be starting tomorrow. I am going back and reading suggestions.
      God Bless Us All

Comment

Week 3 of Tecfidera

I am now into the start of week 3. During the first 2 weeks had minimal daytime flushing but the night sweats have been rough. I am not blaming this all on the Tecfidera as I am also menopausal. I had RRMS-begnig since 1987. October 2012 had a monster attack and 3 more since then. After 10 years on Avonex it was no longer working. My neurological decline is steady and after a little mor than a year of measuring the decline my Neuro has confirmed I am now SPMS. We decided to try the Tecfidera. The hot flashes/night sweats have begun to diminish but 2 days ago I developed the gastro issues. I have abdominal pain/tightness, bloating and today began constipation. I am determined to give Tecfidera the 4-6 weeks Biogen claims for side effects to dissipate.

Comment

I'VE MADE IT TO MY 7 DAY . NO BIG SIDE EFFECTS. HAD SOME GI PROBLEMS ON THE 5TH MORNING BUT NOTHING THAT A LITTLE IMODIUM COULDN'T FIX. OTHER THAN THAT WHEN I TAKE A PILL I FEEL REALLY HOT (NOT FLUSHED) . FEELING LIKE SOMEONE LIT A FURNACE IN ME.
          PLUS MY MS MAY BE ACTING UP AGAIN OR ITS MY SPINAL PROBLEMS. I'VE GOT INCREASED NUMBNESS ,PAIN,TINGLING, STIFFNESS IN LEGS,CALF,FEET . CAN'T SEEM TO SHAKE IT. WITH JOINT PAIN AND SWELLING (WHICH MAY BE MY RA ACTING UP) . KINDA STINKS HAVING A BUNCH OF HEALTH PROBLEMS. I DON'T ALWAYS KNOW WHAT IS ACTING UP. BUT TEC. SO FAR IS WORKING ALRIGHT FOR ME.
          dx.SPMS (baclofen,gabapenin,norco)
          started tecfidera 7/10/2013
          rituxan 11/13/2012 stopped due to side effect &it didn't help me (for RA and MS)
          copaxone started 4/2012 but stopped due to bad allergic reaction
          Matt.19;26 “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

Comment

Working...
          X