Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need some encouraging words

Hi everyone,
    I have been here before, but due to my MS acting up, I've been very depressed.

Barbierow, I've been very lucky because despite MS, I've been spared depression that often accompanies MS. I do have moments when I fear depression might take hold, and I'm familiar enough with situational, episodic depression in the past to know how difficult depression can be long term.

I hope you contact your doc about your depression. There are very effective medications to treat depression.

If you are on ADs now, you may need to contact your doc about adjusting your dosage or changing to an AD that's more effective.

Check in here more often, you might find it offers a helpful lift your mood even if for only a few moments of relief.

Hope you recover soon and take good care.

Comment

barbierow,, I have been bitten by the depression bug also. Most often, when you are in the low point it is extremely difficult to keep your head held high. But do not worry, every family is followed by a hill. Before you know it you will be jumping for joy.
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Barbierow,

I believe we spoke last night in the annex room about your "problem" with a certain issue. Know that there ARE antidepressants (A.D.'s) that are GOOD and work. If you are not on one, please speak with your Dr. (any of your doctors-as any doctor can write a prescription for something to help with your depression), and know that sometimes the meds for it need to be adjusted (in dosage), and sometimes changed to a different AD. You also may need to see a licensed therapist-they really do help!

Know that you are ALWAYS welcome to come here and post a thread like this one.

Sending you hugs and well wishes.

LaTish
        Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

Barbierow.. I realise you do not know us well, or at all, but please know that even in your darkest moments you ARE NOT ALONE!! WE care and will ride out this time along side you. So I commend you for letting us in, even for a moment..and sharing your vulnerablity. WE understand and care how you are doing. Please cont to let us know..

Sometimes its chemical changes in the brain causing mood problems/depression/anxiety, other times its issues that mount and seem overwhelming.. sometimes it is both.

Hope things improve soon.. keep us informed hon

Warmly, Jan
          I believe in miracles~!
          2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
          Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

I AM GOING TO KEEP IT SIMPLE...

STAY STRONG! IT IS OKAY TO HAVE A PITY ME DAY, BUT DEEP DOWN, DON'T LOSE THAT INNER STRENGTH.
            Chris
            Dx 3/11/13
            Copaxone 5/23/13

Comment

Working...
            X