Im new here :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im new here :)

Hello everyone, my name is tim. Im 26 years old but feel 80 most of the time,lol. I was diagnosed wih ms 2 months ago, i just recently started to work again, working again is very hard for me right now, im soooo tired/fatigued. I have 2 1/2 year old little boy that i love more than anything, he is my motivation. I also suffer from anxiety, i worry about everything, i exhaust myself just thinking about everything. I just keep pushing myself through. I hope this site can maybe help me deal with everything, i dont know anyone with ms or anxiety, so no one really understands me fully when i talk to them about it, so i just end up bottling everthing in. Well thanks for reading...

Hello Tim

Welcome!! Glad you found us..We're all around here with different degrees of M.S. and all different ages

Take care and come back often
    Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

Hi Tim and welcome! Sorry to hear about the added issue of anxiety, as if having ms isn't stressful enough. I deal with anxiety as well. Was diagnosed w/ bipolar a long time ago but now it just shows up as depression and anxiety. I have xanax at hand although I rarely take it bc I have fatigue too so I'll conk out if I do take it. So frustrating.

There are some drugs out there that help with fatigue if you ever decide to go that route. Nuvigil and provigil are good bc they don't give you that 'wired' effect that ritalin/adderall can cause. Anxiety and fatigue can certainly make things complicated.

I'm glad you found this site and I hope you post often bc I guarantee there are plenty here who can relate to what you are going through. It's a good place to find answers and just talk things out - especially during the first year which can be the most confusing and tumultuous. We are here for you!

Comment

Hello and Welcome Tim!

I'm glad you're reaching out. I also suffer from anxiety and depression but its under control with antidepressants. I can understand what you're going through. Many people don't know a lot about either MS or anxiety.

It's normal for you to feel nervous and anxious about your recent diagnosis. Don't despair! The time will come when you'll redefine your "new" self and your "new" life. The more you know about MS, the less power it will have over you.

In the meantime, were here for you! Read through the forums and post any questions or concerns you have. You're not alone. People here are very kind and knowledgeable. Again, welcome to our big MS family!
        When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Working...
        X