The Hardest Month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Hardest Month

I was diagnosed with MS this month, and it isnt the worst news that I have received lately. Two weeks ago we found out that my wife, who is 20 weeks pregnant, is highly likely to lose the baby. It is our first child and it is a girl (evelyn) and we already love her so much. Her heartbeat is strong but there is very little amniotic fluid to support her development, so doctors say that most likely she will not make it. We are praying for a miracle and would really appreciate it if you all could pray for our family in this hardest month.

thanks for reading and praying.

I am so, so sorry.

Do you have an excellent hospital nearby? It's early, but surely there are options ...

Praying for you, your wife, and your baby.

Comment

sorry zwisser

Welcome to the boards and very sorry about the situation with your daughter...adding my prayers for Evelyn
      Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

Stay strong and you are all in my prayers and please keep us posted..this is a good place to talk and vent

Comment

I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong.

Comment

Hello and Welcome zwisser!

I'm sorry you're having such a difficult time! You and your family are in my prayers. Don't despair, the baby has made it to 20 weeks so things may work out fine.

Don't forget to look after yourself. Stress and fatigue can exacerbate your symptoms. You need to keep healthy to look after your wife and baby! Control what you can and let go of what you cannot change.

I'm glad you have found us but not the reason why. Please feel free to post any questions or comments you may have. We also have chats you might enjoy!

Wishing you the best!!!
            When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Thanks for the thoughts and kind words.

We are keeping strong with both the baby and the MS news. I am glad I found this site to vent and ask questions. Thanks for all the prayers. Keep them coming. We found out at the doctor that there is 6cm of fluid, and the doctor said there was none on May 24th. So, that is good news. It is still a very small chance that all will be well... but all we can do is pray and come what may.

Are doctors always very pessimistic? I have found in both situations (one with the baby and the other with MS) that many of the doctors are looking and talking to us like there is no chance for anything good to come from anything. Does anyone have experience with optimistic doctors?

Comment

What a terrifying situation, I will keep you, your wife and Evelyn in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted.
                Jen
                RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
                "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Praying for you and your beautiful family! Miracles happen!! God bless!

Comment

In my prayers...

Sorry to hear about all that is going on. I can't begin to imagine what you are going through. So i will be sending prayers your way for your family.
                    Leave the Heat and Stress for the birds!

Comment

I'm sorry you are going through this! I'm praying for that fluid will mutiply until its normal!

Maybe, you should find different Doctors!

Sara

Comment

thanks agian

thanks again everyone. We are going to look for a different doctor with a second opinion. Even if the prognosis does not change at least we can find a doctor with some faith and compassion.

Comment

Prayers lifted for your baby girl Evelyn. I believe in Miracles because God is more than able.

Comment

zwisser,

I just paused, bowed my head and said a heartfelt prayer for your baby. Life may suck, but God is good!
                            Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

Working...
                            X