Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New guy, my wife has had MS 16 years

Hello,

New guy here. I look forward to chatting with you and learning more on helping my wife, and helping me stay sane!

MS has Been a wild ride. It has been worse lately for her. I thought it may be good to have a place to share and listen once in a while.

Take care

Welcome aboard. I've been here since Feb 2009 and found MSWorld to be the best resource on the Internet. People are not only helpful, but experienced in most situations. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Every Wednesday, at 8pm, there is a "Caregivers Chat" that you may find very useful.

Of course, your wife is also welcomed here should she have any needs.

Again, welcome aboard.

Comment

A warm welcome to you and your wife. What a nice hubby to come on board for extra help and assistance. We have a General question and discussion section you may post and ask away. You'll find wonderful, caring folks here who will walk this journey with you both.

How's your wife doing? And what kind of support may you need at this time? Something made you come on this board at this time. My hope is that you remain with us.

Be well, my friend, we're here to help!

Warmly, Jan
      I believe in miracles~!
      2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
      Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Thank you for the kind words and welcome mean and Marco.

I came here to just find the company that helps one feel they are not alone in a thing. MS is obviously tough. My wife has been suffering with the jaw pain issue. It suddenly came on. Intense pain where she just cried. It was horrifying for her and just terrible to see her suffer with. We nave gone thru a few meds and now are with Oxcarbo something and Lyrica was added yesterday. Te Lyrica had an impact in one day!

She uses a a wheelchair out and about and a walker in the house for balance. She loves life and does pretty much everything except jumping jacks. The periods of down time are more frequent and longer lasting.

We know it is how it goes. We also do all we can to keep a fun life going.

I have surfed many posts and the love in the forum is encouraging. My wife is not much of a forum person and does not like looking at MS info too much for too long. She says it can be depressing. She knows what he has is her reply!

Y'all have a great day and hang tough!

Comment

Hello and Welcome TheSpouse!
          When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Originally posted by TheSpouse View Post
            I have surfed many posts and the love in the forum is encouraging. My wife is not much of a forum person and does not like looking at MS info too much for too long. She says it can be depressing. She knows what he has is her reply!
            Welcome!! I'd say that kind of sums it up for me where surfing is concerned... I want to know more about things, and I suppose I have a pretty good handle on things, but I too find some of the on line stuff a little depressing.

We're alike and opposite at the same time. I am the husband, but unlike you, I'm the one with MS. My wife has looked at some stuff on line, but gets bored and also a little depressed. I mean seriously, MS is not a very exciting disease!!

I can say with some certainty, that there are things that your wife struggles to do as well as she used to... I know I do... There are only a handful of people that I feel good about accepting help from, and those people are my wife and my two sons.

You fill a pretty important role, because you are "the one"!!! You are the person who said "I do", and spoke the vows... I know for me when I need her help, it's pretty darn humbling!!! I have to remind myself how much it means to me to have that one I married 27 years ago when we were just a couple of kids, and had no idea what was ahead of us... To know that she has my back and will be "the one" who will be there in sickness and in health, to help me do what I need to do.

The other day, I was in the garage working on something, and couldn't get up... My oldest son just came over, and grabbed me under the arms and hoisted me up. He thought nothing of it, and didn't say anything bout it. We just went on about the work we were doing... Thinking of that makes me almost tear up while I write this... Unconditional help with no drama... That's family!!

You say your wife loves life, and I assume that means she is active doing whatever she can do and enjoy. So help her pursue those things so she can live life as unchanged as she can... I guess what I'm trying to say is, having taken the vow of marriage, you already know all you need to know... Be there to help her get the most out of life when things are good, and be there to pick her up when things are bad.

Good Luck!!
            Greg

Comment

Working...
            X