Robbie67

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robbie67

I was recently dx officially April 17,2013. I am new in here. I have two boys ages 7-13 a single mom. I work as a waitress and that puts a lot of demands on my body. Since i had a severe attack prior to dx i went three days on the "ride of my life" Solute-Medrol. Problem i have been waiting for meds 10weeks to prove im sick. I believe im under attack again. Has anyone had to deal with?? And they said stay positive How??!!!

Hi Robbie and welcome to the boards! Glad you joined!

I am sorry you are having to wait for your medication. What is the hold up? Which medication are you going to be taking?

I would call my neurologist if you think you are getting another exacerbation.

Take care and let us know how it goes.

Lisa
    Moderation Team
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Thank u for responding. They prescribed Rebif and ambrya the insurance company wants proof i have MS. My diagnosis came out of no where like Surprize. I went to doctor for many things this year but january n march i had attacks n had mri and ive i guess had it for alittle while. I had bells palsy 27 years ago with mono. I will call my neuro. Thank u

Comment

Hi Robbie67

Welcome! Nobody is positive all the time, but the more you are the better you feel...

You have your hands full, I was single Mom with 3 and full time job but shared custody 50/50. My advice is if you need help ask someone or if someone offers say "Yes"..

Now I've graduated to full time care giver for my 2 grandchildren
        Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

Thank you for your advice i am positive a lot but been feeling frusated and helpless. I hope u have fun with your grandkids

Comment

Hello and Welcome Robbie!
            When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

I am new here too, I know what you mean about the severe attacks

. I had the most severe on my birthday in 2011 Happy Birthday!!!
              It took me about 8-9 months to get dx. I didn't have to wait that long for my medicine. A couple weeks tops.
              I had bells palsy 9 years ago myself. That was scary too in itself. I understand your frustration, I've been there too.
              Disabled and going to school at the moment to make the best of my situation.

Comment

Update

I am thankful for ur advise. I am having flare up and getting steriods and two days of a cocktail w steriods. My bells palsy got worse and had a migraine from??? Went to er my meds were changed and maybe my insurance will approve me my meds. Thanks again just to vent

Comment

Working...
                X