Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Im new here

Hi I need help,
    I dont know whats wrong with me,Im a male 46yrs old, I remember 2yrs ago, i walk up early in the morning and i feel weakness with right my hand, but regain strenght half hour later, I didnt know what was that all about and ignore it, but in middle of february this year i have felt this feverish feeling everyday at work, but everytime i check my temperature it listed 98.7 to 99 no more than that, then my ears start ringing with high pitch noise,

then early march i have notice urine frequency like need to go to restroom every half hour, and feel like i cant empty my bladder
    and feel also like im constipating all the time, then suddenly i got this stomach pain and went to ER and doctors cant find anything wrong with me, check blood test, thyroid, ESR,ANA, hpylori bacteria, done endoscopy and colonoscopy, found nothing.

I don't know how many doctor and ER visits i did and found nothing, and feeling like lump in my throat and extreme fatigue everyday and urine frequency and constipation still here, with new symptoms now that i have felt, numbness with my hands and feet, burning sensation with foot and buttock area, tightness in my neck area,

I felt im getting worse so,finally I made an appointment with neuroligist this coming may 31,2013, Im a breadwinner in my family, medical insurance provider, 2 kids and wife work only part time as a hairstylish, so im very scared if I have MS, i cant l cant quit my job, and end up welfare with no medical insurance, if it is MS and i hope its not last stage of PPMS, Please help me sort this out. thank you very much

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

I dont know what to do , should i go to ER again, felt so weak right now and this urine urgency is driving me nuts, felt like i have bladder spasm/pain right now. thanks.

Comment

can anybody help me for advice please.

Comment

Vince, I think you are freaking yourself out. Do you have a primary care doctor? He/she can handle a lot of this. For the urinary urgency, you need to see a urologist. They can do testing called urodynamics to see where you are having problems and why. There are medications you can try at first to help with these issues.

Second, you need to stop using Google as your doctor. You will be dead tomorrow. You probably don't even have MS. You said you have an appointment with a neurologist, just try to stay calm and wait for that appointment.

Until then, here are some things to know about MS:
        Symptoms do not come and go in a matter of seconds, or minutes for that matter. MS has about 400 mimickers that entail some simple solutions and some that are more serious. 80% of all people start in the relapsing remitting phase of the disease. You need an MRI to be diagnosed.

For now, you might want to see your primary care doc to get checked for low Vitamin D, or B12. Both can mimic MS symptoms and are easily treated. Also calm down. This is a process, and not a fast one either. Write down your symptoms, the ones that last >24 hours and bring them with you to your neurologist. Some of your symptoms sound like they can be related to anxiety, so try to stop worrying about the what ifs and just let it be. Worrying is not going to change anything so try to let that go.

Let us know how your neurologist appointment goes.

Take care
        Lisa
        Moderation Team
        Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
        SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
        Tysabri

Comment

Thanks Lisa, I have MRI appointment June 8 but I can't sleep with this urine urgency problem, i have to go every half hour.
          doctor closed today, is there medication OTC i can buy now temporary. Thanks

Comment

Unfortunately no. You can go to the ER if you absolutely can't stand it. Otherwise, wait for your doctor in the morning.

Best of luck
            Lisa
            Moderation Team
            Tysabri

Comment

Vince, you're at the beginning of a journey and in a way that's good news. That means you can start one of many new medications that greatly reduce flares and help to minimize disability. I don't know what you do for work, but chances are if it's not too physical, you will be able to continue working.

Another HUGE thing to remember is stress is terrible on MS. You need to do everything you can to reduce your stress level right now since it may be attributing to your symptoms.

The urinary frequency problem sounds like neurogenic bladder. The muscles in your bladder are spasming and making you feel like you have to urinate. Good news! There are drugs that help with this and they work quite well.

So try and relax, take some deep breaths and wait until your neurologist appointment. Diagnosing yourself will only add stress.

Take care and good luck, Susan

Comment

Update, after seeing my neurologist for the first time, he perform neurological test and I pass it, he did not suspect MS at all, not that I want I ms , but he said its all anxiety? I'm confused and lost now. Should I look for a specific ms neurologist in my area, I'm from San Jose, ca. I'm so scared if its too late for me to get treatment. Thanks.

Comment

Vince, I am sure he looked at your MRI. Also, the physical exam is pretty specific. MS patients have specific deficits in certain areas in th exam. It is pretty universal. Since your exam was normal, he has good reason to suspect anxiety. If you haven't had your MRI yet, he will look at it when it is done. For now, I would just wait for something else to happen, like partial or total blindness in one eye, numbness or immobility of a limb, one sided weakness etc.

For now it seems you are doing well, let it be that way. If it is MS, it will rear its ugly head again, if not, you will be fine.

Good luck
                  Lisa
                  Moderation Team
                  Tysabri

Comment

Well, Vince, I am one to validate that what you have been going through is rough and can be frightening too. Because you are the "breadwinner" and sole provider of medical insurance, of course your mind will take you there. But ask yourself, Vince, what does it get you to worry about the "what ifs"? What CAN you control right now in your life and mind?

I disagree that this is ALL anxiety. YES, anxiety can heighten and create symptoms. But that is something you can learn to control and gain better coping skills. Again, Vince, I repeat, worrying only makes it worse

The urinary issues need to be addressed. Don't forget to use urgent care if your doctor's office is closed, but most docs want to be sure things are all ruled OUT too, before they prescribe Meds etc.

So get a good urologist to review your symptoms.

Unless you are having total numbness where you cannot walk or function (MS or not) the other symptoms, though very annoying, painful, are able to be treated with meds.

And it is wise to get your B12 and Vit D levels checked. Start by taking those supplements OTC. 2000 units for Vit D is average. I now take 5000 units to keep my level around 70. Most regular docs are more aware of Vit D deficiencies, but may not know how much to recommend taking.

Although it is great that your neuro ruled out any outstanding signs of MS, a good MS doc will rule a lot of mimics out also. Right now you may not need to see an MS doc. Keep a log of your symptoms and medical history.
                    RELAX your body and mind as much as you can.

Between your urologist and primary they can take care of much of what you complain of, but you want to know what is causing these symptoms. Many neuro-type signs are from deficiencies and other physcial conditions, even back/spine discs issues that are NOT ms.

So don't pack up the farm and allow your mind to rule your reason and ability to stay in control. I know, easier said than done. HUGS~

Again, I am sorry for all you are enduring, but know that you can and will improve with good care!! Keep track of your diet, and inflammatory producing foods. Soda, esp diet soda can be a culprit for example. EXERCISE is best for mind/body improvement for all of us. AND it helps the brain heal itself.

Keep us informed as to how you are doing. And remember, it is okay to bring your questions and fears to us. We've all been there..and will walk this journey with you.

Think well,
                    Jan
                    I believe in miracles~!
                    2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
                    Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Thanks Lisa and Jan

Comment

About to give up

After normal brain MRI results and I was begging and was rejected by my neurologist and PCP for complete spine MRI, I thought about this daily how to end this monster inside of me, im useless pretty soon and might have PPMS anyway due to my age onset, if i can no longer walk, i loss my job, health insurance and no more food for my family, so its cheaper for my family in the long run and less suffering for me, i just can't figure out how not to void my small life insurance, don't know what to do anymore.

Comment

Hi vince22,

From what you have written there has been no medical evidence of anything wrong. If this is correct maybe you are looking in the wrong direction for help.

Stress and anxiety can cause body wide physical symptoms.

The symptoms you have listed:

- Frequent urination
                          - Constipation/stomach pains
                          - Feverish (flushing/feeling hot?)
                          - Abnormal sensations (numbness, burning)
                          - Tightness in neck/stiff muscles
                          - Weakness

These symptoms as well as many others can be caused by stress and anxiety. If you have had no answers from the medical community it might be time to seek answers/help from the Mental Health community.

A Psychiatrist is an MS and can prescribe medications and a Psychotherapist is some who can help you learn cope with what may be going on in your life that is triggering all of your symptoms.
                          Diagnosed 1984
                          “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

vince22, you definitely do have a physical problem that needs to be treated—you at least have some physiological stress going on, which can be as physical in manifestation as anything else. Of course, there's usually a psychological component to this, too.

There's nothing wrong, or inferior about that. Some people have stigmas and stereotypes about it, but that's their problem. My spouse is actually disabled (on SSI) due to her mental illnesses.

Right now, regardless of any physical problem you may have, the most important issue you need to take care of immediately—and I do mean immediately—is your suicidal ideation.

You NEED to see and be evaluated by a mental health practitioner, ASAP. Please, either go to the emergency room, call your doctor with a clear, urgent message, or call the office of a mental health care provider (therapist or psychiatrist), letting them know exactly that you're feeling suicidal, and that it's urgent that you see someone.

This is something you need to take seriously. You cannot kill yourself and have your family taken care of; as you know, this would void any insurance policy, and more than that, it would devastate them.

Take it from someone who has had to fight to keep his spouse alive because of multiple suicide attempts. You need to take care of yourself so you can take care of them. This is whether you continue to work, or, if you do end up eventually with a disability, then with the assistance of others.

Just remember, it's all one day at a time. After you see someone (today, preferably) about your suicidal feelings, I suggest you try to be methodical and factual about recording your medical issues, just as the others have wisely suggested.

I'm serious, though, you need to get help for your suicidal ideation, NOW. Get the support of your spouse, and do it before you do anything else. Please.

Comment

Working...
                            X